$1.2 million. $1.3 million. $1.5 million. These numbers don’t reflect how much it costs to hire a lawyer from our firm; they’re reflective of results we’ve gotten for our clients.
With over a century of combined legal experience, our team can settle your car accident case in Westbury, NY. Whether you were injured or lost a loved one, we can negotiate a settlement, calculate your losses, and litigate your case if need be. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is here to serve you.
Hiring Our Law Firm Poses no Financial Risk
Our NY lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- You will not pay any money up front to hire our team.
- Your lawyer will not receive any compensation from you directly.
- Your lawyer will withdraw payment from your settlement or court award.
- Your lawyer will not get paid for their services unless they win for you.
We are just as motivated as you are to win your case. Payment for our help depends on it. You don’t pay our attorney’s fees if we can’t resolve your car accident case.
We choose our cases based on merit – not our clients’ financial resources. If you or a loved one suffered harm due to another’s negligence in Westbury, our firm can help. Your lawyer will manage your case from beginning to end.
You Generally Have Three Years to File Your Car Accident Lawsuit
Depending on the nature of your accident, these deadlines could apply to you:
- You could have three years from the date of your accident to file your civil lawsuit, per CVP § 214.
- You could have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file your wrongful death lawsuit, per EPT 5-4.1.
Failing to file your lawsuit within the state’s deadlines could mean:
- You lose the right to seek damages.
- The other party wouldn’t have to pay for your losses.
- The insurer might deny your claim because you waited too long.
- The courts would refuse to hear your case and might even prevent you from filing it again.
Don’t let this happen to you. When you entrust your case to us, we will adhere to all filing deadlines. However, you must give your legal team enough time to act.
What Types of Damages Can You Recover?
Your lawyer aims to recover compensation for your losses. Your losses could include lost income, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and property damage..
If you have lost a loved one because of a car accident in Westbury, recoverable damages in your case could include:
- Loss of consortium
- Final healthcare expenses
- Funeral costs
How Will We Calculate Your Damages?
We can use the following information to calculate the value of your losses:
- Repair invoices. If your car suffered serious damage in the collision, we can calculate the cost of repairs based on information from your mechanic. We may also consult with field experts. This could allow us to learn about your car’s value before the collision. It could also add to the value of your case.
- Your employment records. We can determine the value of your lost wages by looking over information from your employer. We can look at your employment history to determine if your injuries permanently affect your earning power.
- Your medical records. If you allow us to view your medical records, we can determine the value of your present and future healthcare costs.
These are just some of the documents we can look over when calculating your case’s value. We may also consult with economists and healthcare professionals about other aspects of your losses.
How Much is Your Case Worth?
While we’ve won multi-million-dollar settlements for our clients, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re entitled to that much. Your case’s value depends on the cost of your damages, the nature of your impairments, and other contributing factors.
One thing is for certain: most car accident cases end with insurance settlements. So, we anticipate that your case will be resolved through out-of-court negotiations. We can’t answer how much your case is worth now, though.
How Your Car Accident Lawyer in Westbury Can Oversee Your Case
Our suite of legal services include:
- Hiring experts to help with your case
- Documenting your accident and injuries through evidence
- Ensuring that essential reports and documents are filed on time
- Filing your lawsuit or insurance claim
- Calculating the value of your losses
- Negotiating for fair compensation through a settlement
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Your case is our number-one priority. We will deliver tailor-made services that meet your situation’s needs.
We Can Establish what Caused Your Accident
The American Bar Association (ABA) requires us to prove negligence in your case. We must determine how your accident happened. Using witness testimony, traffic camera footage, and black box data, we may find that your accident was the result of:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Changing lanes in a dangerous or improper fashion
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Driving an unroadworthy vehicle
- Inadequately securing items outside of the vehicle
- Allowing items from inside of the vehicle to fall onto the roadway
- Driving while distracted
These are just a few of the many ways that a motorist may put others at risk. Yet, during our investigation, we may find that another party caused your accident. For instance, your car could have had a faulty component that prevented you from driving safely. In this case, you could have a case against the car’s manufacturer.
Similarly, if your accident was caused by a road hazard in Westbury, this could serve as the basis of your car accident case. In this circumstance, you would file your case against the government. We can determine all liable parties and build your case accordingly.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Today
None of your questions have to go unanswered. We can address your concerns during your free case review. Here, you can discuss your case with a representative and determine whether you qualify for compensation. Get answers now by dialing the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP at (516) 358-6900.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.