Floral Park Personal Injury Lawyer
You can choose to have a personal injury lawyer represent you if you were injured due to the negligence of one or more parties. Your lawyer may take on representatives for defendants in your lawsuit, seeking compensation for you while you focus on your recovery and other priorities.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, today at (516) 358-6900 for a free consultation about how a Floral Park personal injury lawyer may help you seek compensation after an injury. Our legal team can counsel you about bringing a personal injury lawsuit and handle your case from start to finish.
Personal Injury Lawyers Handle a Wide Range of Practice Areas
Table of Contents
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that one question may be central to whether you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit: Is someone responsible for an injury that has caused you to suffer damages?
If this is the case, you may pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit to recover your losses. Many circumstances might warrant a personal injury lawsuit. Some practice areas of a Floral Park personal injury lawyer include:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Accidents causing injury to a child
If you lost a loved one in circumstances that you believe were the fault of another party, you may be able to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. If you or a loved one were injured because of another party’s actions or failure to take precautionary measures, you might be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit.
You Might Win Compensation without Needing to Go to Court
A lawyer’s goal involves obtaining compensation while protecting your rights. If possible, your lawyer may try to alleviate the amount of stress that comes with legal cases by managing your case on your behalf. They may also try to negotiate a settlement so that you do not have to step foot in a courtroom.
The New York Times notes that most personal injury lawsuits result in a settlement, and you may reach a similar outcome. There are several benefits to securing a settlement, such as:
- You might secure compensation faster by negotiating a settlement than waiting for a court verdict
- You have a better idea of the amount of compensation you might receive
- You may avoid trial-related costs
Your lawyer may prepare to go to trial but also work hard to seek a settlement that pays you fairly for the losses you endured. Personal injury lawyers tend to work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they get paid only if you win, and you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees out of your own pocket.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, today at (516) 358-6900 to learn more about how a Floral Park personal injury lawyer can fight for you or your loved one.
Injuries Can Cause Multiple Losses Beyond Medical Expenses
Being seriously injured can affect multiple aspects of your life and may reduce your quality of living to a significant degree. You may be unable to work, experience physical and psychological deficits, and face expenses directly caused by an injury.
Your lawyer may determine which losses you suffered because of another party’s negligence and seek compensation to recover those losses. Some types of damages that may be related to a personal injury include:
- Lost income due to having to take time off of work to recover
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to personal property
- The cost of emergency transportation and care
- Additional healthcare costs for treating your injuries
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
- The cost of transportation to and from medical appointments
- The cost of psychological treatment
- The cost of medications to treat symptoms of your injury
You could face a more extensive list of injuries. Let your lawyer know how your injuries have affected your life. Your lawyer can take appropriate steps to seek compensation from responsible parties.
Your Lawyer Wants to Help You Fight for the Best Possible Outcome
To seek compensation, a lawyer may:
- Gather evidence of the incident that caused your injury
- Document your injuries
- Document losses that have come from your injuries
- Interview witnesses who can vouch for the cause of your injuries and the negative effect they have had on your life
- Hire any experts that could assist your case
- File your lawsuit and other necessary paperwork
- Represent you in lawsuit-related appearances
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial if necessary
Your lawyer may also compose a strategy for seeking compensation. They will defend your rights and handle as much of your lawsuit as possible. By allowing a lawyer to fight for compensation on your behalf, you may have more time and energy to dedicate to your own recovery or helping a loved one recover.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, Today
Circumstances that result in serious injury or wrongful death may cause lasting trauma and may impose direct harm on your quality of life. Hiring a Floral Park personal injury lawyer can be the first step you take in pursuing justice for yourself or a loved one who suffered a fatal or non-fatal personal injury.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, today at (516) 358-6900 to find out more about how we can represent you as you seek compensation for your losses.