Ms. Caitlin McNaughton is a tough litigator who chose a career as an attorney because she firmly believes in standing up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. She has always believed that while flawed, the American judicial system represents the best force for justice in the world. During law school, as a part of her LL.M. degree, Caitlin worked in Tanzania with the Tanzanian government and various non-government organizations on legislative reform to expand legal rights for Tanzanian women and children. Caitlin is licensed in three states as well as admitted to practice in both federal and Appellate courts; she takes pride in her work, zealously representing clients at all stages of litigation, arbitration, and in pre-litigation matters. Caitlin has achieved over $12 million in settlements and verdicts for her clients. In her spare time, Caitlin enjoys reading and political activism.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- International Law
- Civil Rights Law
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law J.D., 2013
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law LL.M. in Democratic Governance and Rule of Law, 2013
- Manhattan College Bachelor of Arts, 2009
- New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Maryland, 2014 (Inactive)
- New Jersey, 2014 U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- The Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016
- The Georgia Institute of Technology Guest Lecturer, 2015
- MGT 6352: International Practicum “Business and Legal Climate in East Africa”
- May 2017: Negotiated a $40,000.00 settlement for a single plaintiff in an age discrimination case.
- March 2017: Negotiated a $450,000.00 settlement for a single-plaintiff sexual harassment case in mediation.
- January 2017: Negotiated a $60,000.00 settlement on behalf of a single plaintiff in an FLSA/NYLL case.
- January 2016: Settled a case after opening statements for $55,000.00 in a single-plaintiff wage and age discrimination case.
- December 2016: Negotiated a $207,000.00 settlement in an FLSA/NYLL case for multiple plaintiffs against a nationwide company for unpaid wages.
- August 2016: Settled a single-plaintiff sexual harassment and disability discrimination case for $72,000.00.
- December 2015: Co-counsel in a federal negligence trial against Delta Airlines wherein a jury awarded $759,776.00 to Ms. McNaughton’s client.
- October 2015: Achieved a verdict of $164,429.82 at inquest for a single plaintiff wage-theft case.
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyer Rising Star 2020-2022
- Blank Slate Media 40 Under 40 Honoree
New Hyde Park, New York
516-358-6900 (Toll Free)