No one expects to be injured in a sudden, life-threatening accident. However, one could occur anywhere in the blink of an eye. In the aftermath of an accident, victims often suffer severe injuries that have a lasting impact on their daily lives. Fortunately, accident victims in Corona have the legal right to pursue justice and collect compensation for their accident-related losses. If you suffered a personal injury due to another person’s negligence, it is in your best interest to discuss your case with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our highly-qualified team of personal injury attorneys is committed to helping our clients in Corona, and the surrounding areas collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their injuries. Our team understands how challenging recovering from a personal injury can be and is committed to making the legal process as stress-free as possible.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Corona
At The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our seasoned legal team has over a century of combined experience helping victims of various types of accidents navigate New York’s legal system. A few types of cases we handle in Corona include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bite accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and there are many more accidents and injuries that may require the eyes of a skilled attorney. When you partner with the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, you can trust us to thoroughly investigate your case and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Establishing Liability in a Personal Injury Claim
In order to pursue a personal injury claim and establish liability, your claim must meet specific standards of proof. Your claim must contain the following elements to prove the negligent party was at fault for your accident:
- The other party owed you a duty of care: Individuals have a legal duty to act reasonably to prevent injuring themselves or others. Those who breach this duty may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
- The duty of care was violated: Despite owing others a duty of care, individuals often choose to behave negligently. For example, a person who runs a stoplight or turns without looking is likely violating the duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused the victim’s injuries and other damages: The final key element in a personal injury claim is proving that the defendant’s breach of the duty of care directly caused your injuries and other accident-related damages.
Establishing liability in a personal injury claim can be difficult to do on your own, especially in the wake of a severe accident. At The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our attorneys will work tirelessly to gather evidence and establish liability on your behalf.
How Our Experienced Attorneys At The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe Can Help You
Personal injury accidents are often legally complex issues that can be difficult to tackle without the relevant skills and experience. A trusted attorney that is familiar with all areas of New York personal injury law may be able to help you in the following ways:
- Thoroughly investigating every detail of your case
- Proving liability and damages
- Collecting critical evidence to support your claim
- Negotiating with all parties on your behalf
- Protecting your rights and interests inside and outside of court
- Organizing your medical bills and other accident-related expenses
- Filing all paperwork correctly and on time
- Answering your legal questions and updating you on the status of your claim
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our team is committed to doing everything in our power to help you get back on your feet after an accident. Our attorneys are dedicated to being responsive to each client’s needs, so each of their unique concerns is addressed.
Possible Damages You May Be Able to Recover Through a Personal Injury Claim
Unfortunately, sudden accidents often force victims to contend with overwhelming medical bills l and other accident-related expenses. A personal injury victim may require extended hospital stays, time off of work, and new medications. Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover monetary compensation for the full extent of your losses. Some of the damages you may be to receive include the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Significant disfigurement or disability
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Your attorney will work with you to understand every detail of your accident and the impact of your injuries on your life. They will then determine the total value of your claim and fight tirelessly to ensure you are compensated fairly.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in an accident in Corona, you deserve to have an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner. At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, we are committed to using our extensive experience to help our clients recover the maximum compensation possible for their accident-related losses.
We proudly serve Corona and the surrounding areas and help accident victims pursue justice. When you partner with us, you can rest assured that an experienced and compassionate legal professional will handle your case. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (866) 924-1787 or complete our online contact form today. To learn more about personal injury cases and other legal topics, subscribe to our Youtube channel.The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.