The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, busy, established, contemporary plaintiff personal injury law firm located in Nassau County, is seeking exceptional talent to join our team for the following positions:
Personal Injury Attorney
- Advise clients of claim liability and legal rights.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for clients.
- Conduct depositions.
- Respond to discovery demands.
- Ability to conduct discovery and draft motions.
- Ability to present cases in court, argue motions and appeals.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Gather evidence to initiate and support legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of case.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ plaintiff personal injury trial experience that is documented.
- Able to build client relationships and practice client confidentiality.
- Must be able to plan, be organized & dependable.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state New York.
- Must be energetic and motivated.
- Strong negotiations skills and creativity a must.
- Medical background a plus.
- Second language a plus.
Interested in joining one of the top 10 personal injury law firms in Long Island? Apply via email today!The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.