The City of Long Beach offers sand and sun to residents and visitors alike, which makes it inevitable that cars will crowd the streets of Long Beach at any given time. It is inevitable that car accidents will occur, and if you or a loved one has been injured because of a car accident in Long Beach, then you may be able to recover compensation for some or all of your losses. You may hire a Long Beach car accident lawyer to lead your pursuit of compensation from start to finish.
Our team at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will treat you like one of our own as you recover from your injuries or a loved one’s unexpected passing. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for a free consultation.
Examining Nassau County Accidents
Long Beach is a part of Nassau County, which saw an average of seven vehicle accident-related deaths each month from 2012 to 2014 according to the New York State Department of Health. The Department of Health adds that, during that same time period:
- 111 residents of Nassau County experienced a hospital stay because of motor vehicle accident-related injuries each month
- More than 1,000 Nassau County residents required emergency department care because of motor vehicle collisions each month
- Accidents accounted for tens of millions of dollars in medical costs each year
- Motor vehicle accidents were the fourth-leading cause of injury-related death in Nassau County
Because it offers certain attractive features, tourists and other non-residents of Nassau County may also be at risk of being in an accident while visiting or passing through Long Beach. You are entitled to seek financial justice for an accident in Long Beach regardless of whether you are a permanent resident of Nassau County or not.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Long Beach, call 516-358-6900
You May Be Suffering From a Car Accident
You may fall into one of two categories if you are considering a lawsuit or insurance claim. You may have personally suffered injuries because of a car accident in Long Beach, or you may be acting on behalf of a loved one who suffered a fatal or non-fatal injury in a car accident.
Depending on your status, you may be personally suffering from losses connected to your injury, you may see your loved one suffering because of an injury, or you and other loved ones may have losses stemming from a loved one’s passing. For a non-fatal injury, your losses or a loved one’s losses may include:
- The cost of emergency care
- The cost of hospitalization
- The costs of tests, surgery, and other medical procedures
- Lost income because of temporary unemployment
- Lost income because of permanent unemployment
- A decline in your earning power caused by disability
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish and other forms of suffering
- Changes in your mood and personality
- Mental health problems such as anxiety and depression
- The cost of any part-time or full-time caregiver that you require
- Loss of independence
- Harm to your quality of life
You could experience additional losses because of a car accident—every accident, injury, and individual is unique. In the case of a wrongful death, you may experience additional losses. You and your loved ones may be entitled to compensation for:
- The loss of your loved one’s comfort, guidance, and companionship
- The loss of your loved one’s income
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
A Long Beach car accident lawyer may be able to handle the process of identifying and calculating the cost of your accident-related losses. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for a free consultation about how we may be able to serve you after a car accident in Long Beach.
Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-358-6900
A Lawyer May Handle Your Legal Needs
You may hire a lawyer to handle an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf, as you may pursue an insurance claim and initiate a lawsuit if you do not obtain the compensation that you deserve from an insurance company.
In the case that you seek compensation from insurance, then a lawyer may:
- Gather the facts of your accident
- Organize evidence supporting your account of the accident
- Calculate the cost of medical care, lost income, and other potentially covered losses
- Speak with you about any statements you must make to insurers
- Negotiate a settlement
- Tell you whether they believe the best offer you receive is fair
You may ultimately choose to bring a lawsuit against one or more parties. You may choose to do so because an insurer does not offer fair compensation, your losses are greater than coverage limits, or for a slew of other reasons. When you decide to bring a lawsuit, then your lawyer can:
- File your lawsuit before relevant statutes of limitation expire (if possible)
- Collect any new evidence that has emerged since your accident
- Calculate the latest tally of your losses
- Update documentation of your injuries
- Negotiate a pre-trial settlement with attorneys for defendants named in your lawsuit
- Take your case to trial if necessary
- File an appeal if necessary
The ideal outcome of your lawsuit may be to obtain compensation for any losses that you or your loved ones have suffered. New York CVP § 1411 notes that you may be able to collect losses even if you or your loved one is partially at fault for the accident, as fault is assigned as a percentage.
Every accident is different, and your lawyer will fight for the precise amount of compensation that you should receive based on the facts of your collision.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Today
A Long Beach car accident lawyer from our team will handle your case with the care that it deserves so that you can focus on your recovery or the needs of your loved ones. Do not delay before making the call to the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, as there may be time restrictions for pursuing compensation.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for a free consultation.