The New York State Department of Health notes that Hollis is among the neighborhoods with the greatest number of residents in all of Queens County. As a high-density residential center, it is only natural that Hollis would have its fair share of traffic—and that its traffic would ultimately lead to a significant number of car accidents.
Yet, while it may be expected that Hollis is the scene of numerous traffic accidents, it is also true that those responsible for any single accident could be held financially responsible for the damage that they cause.
If you or a loved one is the victim of a car accident, then a Hollis car accident lawyer can help you seek any compensation that you deserve. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (866) 878-6774 for a free consultation about how we may assist you or a loved one.
Insurance Is One Possible Route to Compensation
The Insurance Information Institute (III) notes that New Yorkers spend the fourth-highest amount of money on auto insurance. So, you may expect that your premiums will pay off when an accident occurs. Therefore, a lawyer can explore the possibility for you to be compensated for your accident-related losses through insurance.
Some of the ways that a lawyer may help with your insurance claim is by:
- Familiarizing themselves with your insurance policy
- Becoming acquainted with the facts of how your accident occurred
- Determining what portion of your losses should be paid by your policy, as well as the policy of any at-fault party
- Filing your claim
- Helping you pursue a financial award
- Negotiating a settlement, if the initial amount of compensation offered to you is not sufficient
There are many possible roadblocks to you receiving the amount of compensation that you deserve through insurance. Relevant policies may simply not have coverage limits substantial to your losses. You could run into resistance from one or more insurance companies. They may dispute the facts of your accident or losses.
A lawyer can handle the insurance claims process so that you do not have to deal with such issues personally. An insurance claim may be the resolution to your accident that you are seeking. If you cannot secure an award through a settlement, then your lawyer can help you take additional steps to finalize your case.
A Lawsuit May Be Your Path to Compensation
You may choose to bring a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if insurance does not prove to be successful. You may also skip insurance altogether and file a lawsuit shortly after your accident.
You may consider several factors before choosing to pursue a lawsuit. These factors may include:
- What your share of responsibility for your accident is, if any
- How great your losses are beyond what insurance may cover
- Whether you have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one
- Whether the party or parties you want to sue have assets that would make bringing a lawsuit worthwhile
A Hollis car accident lawyer can walk you through any other considerations that you may want to weigh before deciding how to seek compensation. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (866) 878-6774 to find out how you may take the next steps towards possible compensation after a car accident.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Hollis, call 866-878-6774
How a Lawyer May Lead the Way to Compensation
By hiring a lawyer, you may be taking a step towards any compensation that you deserve for accident-related losses. A lawyer can initiate actions that have the sole purpose of resulting in compensation for you or a loved one, whether that action is a lawsuit or insurance claim.
In either case, a lawyer may perform several services towards the goal of obtaining compensation, including:
- Hiring professionals to investigate and document all aspects of your accident
- Documenting any injuries you or your loved one suffered
- Calculating the value of your accident-related losses
- Hiring experts to recreate your accident for purposes related to your lawsuit
- Filing your lawsuit or claim and all other necessary paperwork
- Speaking with witnesses and recording their accounts
- Handling all lawsuit- or claim-related appearances and communications which do not absolutely require your participation
- Negotiating a settlement
- Resolving your lawsuit through a trial if not settlement can be agreed upon
As your lawyer takes these and any other steps necessary to resolve your claim or lawsuit, they will have in mind the amount of compensation you should be entitled to. This figure may be the result of identifying and assigning value to all of your accident-related losses.
Calculating the Compensation You Deserve
Your lawyer may have an established approach to calculating losses in the case of a car accident. The amount of losses that you deserve could depend on the type and severity of your injuries, whether a loved one passed away, and other considerations specific to your case.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that accidents cost New Yorkers as much as $1.44 billion per year, with medical costs and lost work productivity being the leading drivers of cost. On a personal level, your accident-related losses may include:
- Lost income, either temporarily or permanently
- A decline in your earning power
- Unwanted changes in your physical appearance
- Cognitive decline
- Lasting physical injuries
- Chronic pain
- Damage to your vehicle
- The cost of medical care
- Pain and suffering
Your lawyer will identify your accident-related losses, assign them a value, and then seek fair compensation for those losses.
Hollis Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-878-6774
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Today
Hiring a Hollis car accident lawyer will take the responsibility of seeking post-accident compensation and defending your rights out of your hands. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (866) 878-6774 for a free consultation.