You can seek justice and compensation after suffering a personal injury. Our team of lawyers in Hollis can help you through this difficult time. Through caring and compassionate service, we’ll do everything we can to negotiate a fair settlement or win a court award.
You can begin a free case review with the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP.
What if You Can’t Afford an Attorney for Your Hollis Personal Injury Claim?
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, we believe every accident victim deserves top-quality representation, regardless of their ability to pay. So, we take all personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis.
A contingency fee means we don’t charge any money up front to take your case, and we only collect a fee if we recover compensation on your behalf. If we don’t recover, you don’t pay. Also, our law firm advances all the costs necessary to pursue your claim, so it never costs you a dime out of pocket to pursue justice in your case.
Our Team’s Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our firm manages the following personal injury practice areas in Hollis:
- Car accidents
- Slips and falls
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death cases
- Premises liability incidents
If you believe you may have a case, we can help. Our attorneys will seek fair compensation for your injuries and related losses.
Types of Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
We will seek compensation for your economic losses, meaning those that have firm financial values. Examples include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage costs
- Funeral expenses, such as burial and cremation
We will also seek compensation for your non-economic damages, meaning those that do not have inherent monetary values. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Depending on your accident in Hollis, you could seek other compensable losses.
Our Firm Can Calculate Your Losses
Some damage calculations are relatively straightforward. Others, however, are not. We will use the following evidence to determine the overall value of your case:
- Your medical bills
- Employment records
- Testimony from economists, healthcare professionals, and other relevant parties
- Your invoices, receipts, and billing statements
Our goal is for you to suffer no further losses as a result of your personal injury in Hollis.
How Long do You Have to Seek Compensation?
The following laws dictate how long you have to file a lawsuit in Hollis:
- If you were injured in a car accident, slip and fall, or premises liability incident, you could have three years to file a lawsuit, per CVP § 214.
- If you lost a loved one, you generally have two years from the date of their passing to file your wrongful death case, per EPT § 5-4.1.
- If you or a loved one suffered medical malpractice, you could have two years and six months to file a lawsuit, per CVP § 214-A.
Depending on your situation, you could have more or less time to act. For instance, if you did not discover your injuries until after the accident happened, you could be granted more time to file suit. However, if you’re suing a government agency, you could have less time to act than the deadlines we listed above.
We can evaluate your case and explain how long you have to take action.
How Can Our Personal Injury Team Help You?
We can pursue compensation on your behalf by:
Gathering Evidence to Support Your Case
Using our network of investigative resources, we can use and find the following pieces of evidence:
- The police report
- The injury party’s medical records
- Statements from accident reconstruction specialists, doctors, and witnesses
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of your injuries
- Your treatment plan
- Traffic camera or security camera footage
- Your imaging scans and lab test results
We encourage you to keep all documentation pertaining to your case. We can use this information later to pursue damages.
Managing Your Insurance Claim
We will manage your claim’s filing and paperwork, so you can focus on your well-being. Additionally, we can:
- Negotiate a settlement. We will present the value of your losses when bargaining with the insurer. We will fight for every dime you are owed.
- Protect you against bad faith insurance practices. If the insurer tries to pressure or intimidate you into accepting a settlement, we’ll step in and handle all communications.
- Determine whether giving a recorded statement could help you. If you decide to give a recorded statement to the insurer, we’ll advise you on what you should and should not say.
If the insurer doesn’t offer a fair settlement, we’ll file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party. We will do this within the appropriate statute of limitations if time permits.
Pursing Your Lawsuit
To advance your personal injury lawsuit, we can:
- Follow all courtroom proceedings
- Cross-examine and interview witnesses
- Show the cost of your injury-related losses
- Object to any unfair proceedings
- Manage your case’s progression
- Argue your case
We’ve won millions for our clients since our law firm opened its doors. We are determined to seek a fair outcome for your case, as well.
How Long Will it Take to Resolve Your Personal Injury Case in Hollis?
We’re not sure how long it’ll take to resolve your case. It depends on the insurance company’s cooperation, the nature of your impairments, and the amount of money you are requesting. In the past, we’ve been able to settle cases within a matter of days. In other situations, we’ve battled with insurance companies for months.
We’ll keep you updated on the progress of your case, as well as any potential settlement offers.
Connect with Our Team Today for Free
If you’ve suffered a personal injury accident in Hollis, you don’t have to travel far to get representation. In fact, you don’t have to travel at all because we’ll come to you. Call (516) 358-6900 to begin a free consultation today. There’s no fee unless and until we recover compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hollis, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.