If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle collision, you may be able to hold the at-fault motorist accountable for your damages. An Islip motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can level the playing field and give you the support to pursue the recovery you deserve.
The attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP have over 100 years of combined experience in standing up to insurance companies and have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for families across Islip.
We can help you seek compensation after your motorcycle accident
After a motorcycle accident, you could be facing losses in many forms. You could be able to seek compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Emergency room visits
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs in wrongful death cases
You may be eligible to seek other forms of compensation beyond those listed here. We can help you determine what damages you could pursue in your situation and identify the value of your case.
We can then present this amount to the insurance company and negotiate for fair compensation on your behalf. If we cannot secure adequate compensation through negotiations, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
What to Expect When You Hire Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
When you enlist our help, you can expect the following:
- Investigation: We will conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your collision to identify important evidence for your case.
- Communication: We will handle all communication with the at-fault party and their insurance adjusters. From filing claims to negotiating a settlement, we will take the reins so you can focus on your recovery.
- Determine liability: We will identify all liable parties and guide you in pursuing every possible avenue of compensation. For example, if your accident was caused by a negligent driver’s failure to notice potholes in the road, both the driver and the municipality responsible for street maintenance could be held accountable.
- Negotiation: Once evidence is gathered, an attorney will build your case and present your claim to the at-fault driver’s insurance provider. From there, your attorney will handle all negotiations to ensure you aren’t taken advantage of in the process.
- Litigation: If a fair agreement cannot be reached through the negotiation process, your attorney will advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of taking your case to trial, prepare your case for court, and litigate on your behalf.
The sooner you bring an attorney from our firm on board, the faster we can begin investigating, building your case, and fighting for the compensation you may need. We also work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we collect nothing unless and until you win.
The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to File a Lawsuit
You may have the right to pursue a lawsuit against a negligent driver who caused your injuries. To do so, however, a suit must be filed within the prescribed statute of limitations time period of three years, according to New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (CVP) §214. While this sounds like more than enough time to file a claim, the actual process can be more complex than you think, and missing your window of opportunity is easier than most victims realize.
If you fail to begin the process of filing suit before that time, you may forfeit your right to pursue compensation. For this reason, we recommend getting started on your case as soon as possible to protect your legal options and your rights. We can help you ensure that your case is on track to meet any important deadlines if you begin working with us in time.
Act Today to Protect Your Right to Compensation
Motorcyclists can easily find themselves facing months or years of expensive medical treatment after surviving a collision. However, there are steps that you can take to ensure that you can pursue the fairest possible compensation for these expenses.
Actions to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
- Contact your insurance provider to notify it of the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not only is your physical well-being an important priority, but documentation of these visits will serve as evidence as you move forward with your case.
- Consult an attorney before speaking with insurance adjusters or attempting to negotiate a settlement on your own.
The first step in any claim or lawsuit generally involves working with your insurance company. When initiating contact with insurance adjusters, it’s important to remember that they are watching out for their best interests–not necessarily yours.
Get Started Today With a Free Consultation With one of our Attorneys
We can handle the legal details for you so that you can focus on your recovery. With a track record of million-dollar settlements, we want to seek a fair settlement for your case. Call (516) 358-6900 today, and an Islip motorcycle accident lawyer from our team can get started working on your case immediately.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Islip, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.