You may not have to pay for medical costs, motorcycle repairs, and other damages from your accident. A Glen Cove motorcycle accident attorney from our firm may secure full coverage for your losses.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can help you put your life back together. This may start with a financial recovery for your motorcycle accident.
Who Will We Seek a Financial Recovery from?
Every motorcycle accident case we handle is different. When we review your case, we’ll determine:
- How and why your motorcycle accident happened
- Who caused your motorcycle accident to happen
- Who is responsible for your accident-related losses
We generally consider one or more motorists as a liable party. Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorists are the most common cause of accidents. Speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving, and tailgating can all cause motorcycle accidents. A motorist may also cause a collision because they fail to see a motorcyclist.
Other parties that may be liable for your accident are:
- The City of Glen Cove: The city has a certain duty to ensure safe roadways. We’ll review the city’s role if unsafe construction, potholes, uneven roadways, or other road-related hazards caused your accident.
- Automotive manufacturers: If any vehicle or motorcycle defect contributed to your accident, we may hold a manufacturer liable.
- Pedestrians: Pedestrians must abide by the law, too. If a pedestrian’s behavior caused your accident, they may be liable for your losses.
Nestled on the North Shore of Long Island, Glen Cove can provide a stunning environment for motorcycle riders. However, negligence by a motorist, manufacturer, pedestrian, or the City of Glen Cove can turn a nice ride into a life-changing nightmare.
We hold parties accountable when they cause harm to others. If you are a motorcycle accident victim, we’ll seek justice for you.
Which of Your Losses Entitle You to Compensation?
You could receive compensation for all of your losses. We’re able to bring both insurance claims and lawsuits. The nature and extent of your damages may determine which action we take.
Losses from your accident in Glen Cove may include:
The NHTSA explains that motorcyclists face an extreme risk of injury. Serious injuries often lead to high medical costs, which may arise from:
- The ambulance ride from your accident
- Care in a Glen Cove emergency department
- Visits with specialists
- Medical imaging services
- In-home medical equipment
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Any other accident-related medical care
We may secure coverage for all of your medical expenses.
Pain and Suffering
Your motorcycle accident may cause severe pain. Injuries may restrict you physically, diminish your mental state, and rob you of your joy for life. You may also need treatment for pain and suffering.
Injuries may prevent you from earning your regular wages. Depending on your injuries, you may never regain your pre-accident earning power. You may lose bonus opportunities, the chance for promotions, and retirement contributions.
We’ll seek coverage for repair or replacement of damaged property, including:
- Your motorcycle
- Your cell phone
- Any components you added to your motorcycle, like speakers
- Any other property damaged during your accident
If you have any other losses, we’ll account for them in your motorcycle accident case. If your loved one has passed away, a lawyer from our firm can handle your wrongful death claim. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. We will fight hard for the financial recovery you deserve.
Why Motorcycle Accident Victims in Glen Cove Choose the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
You should be picky when choosing a lawyer for your case. You may have only one shot to get the legal process right, and you should have full faith in the firm you choose. Motorcycle accident victims in Glen Cove choose us because:
- We are a Long Island-based firm: We know the laws and procedures for insurance and legal cases in Glen Cove. Completing cases in Long Island is nothing new for us.
- Motorcycle accidents are a primary practice area: We understand the unique challenges of completing motorcycle accident cases.
- They see our client testimonials and case results: We let our former clients and case results speak for us.
We have won several motorcycle accident cases. Our results include:
- A $4 million recovery for a motorcyclist who suffered paralyzing injuries
- A $1 million recovery for a motorcyclist who suffered a fractured femur in a collision with a vehicle that made a dangerous turn
- A $330,000 recovery for a motorcyclist who struck a metal plate in the road—we sued the City of New York and won
Client Testimonials Provide a Firsthand View Into Our Firm
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP cares deeply about the client experience. The best way to anticipate your own experience with our team is to listen to former clients:
- “If you ever have any doubts about your current lawyer, and would like to see what a real law firm is supposed to be, then I highly recommend this firm. I felt completely neglected by my previous lawyer. I found the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP through Google, and saw the positive reviews and decided to contact them. Immediately I knew this was the right firm for me. You will not be disappointed.” – Do Chang, former client
- “Should I ever require legal assistance in the future, I will not hesitate to engage the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, nor would I hesitate to recommend them to anyone who would require legal services. They have managed to defy all the negative sentiment many hold regarding those in the profession. – Mary, former client
You can expect the same type of legal care these former clients received. We’ll handle every step of your case, from investigation through settlement negotiations. If we don’t settle your case, we can take your case to court.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP About Your Motorcycle Accident Today
You’ll pay no upfront cost to hire us. We may hire experts, reconstruct your accident, and take all other steps to seek a case victory – all at no additional cost to you.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for your free consultation. A motorcycle accident attorney serving Glen Cove could be your greatest resource in this time of need. Don’t wait to call.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Glen Cove, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.