Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic event, especially if you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result. A Glen Cove car accident lawyer can advocate on your behalf for the compensation you deserve. Having a lawyer on your side can take many of the responsibilities associated with proving your case off your shoulders.
Medical Expenses That May Come from a Motor Vehicle Accident
Hospitalization and emergency room costs may only be a small part of the medical bills that can arise following a car accident. These costs can place a financial strain on your resources––especially if you do not have adequate health insurance coverage.
In terms of medical care for your condition, you may also be charged for:
- Emergency transportation from the scene of your accident
- The cost of scans, x-rays, and other tests necessary to diagnose your injuries
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries, such as physical or occupational therapy
- The cost of transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
The effects of your injuries could span beyond the medical realm. You may also experience impairments that affect every aspect of your life.
Some secondary symptoms of your primary injuries may include:
- Recurring pain or other symptoms that cause distress
- Interruptions in your work, as you may not be able to work while you recover from your injuries
- Permanent disability
- Lasting harm to your earning power
- Changes in your personality
- Unpredictable mood changes
- Changes in your relationships with others
- The onset of psychological conditions, such as depression and anxiety
- The inability to live your life as you did before the accident
Our firm believes that the party (or parties) responsible for your car accident should be held accountable for the cost of your collision-related expenses. We can help you recover compensation for your accident-related losses.
Speaking with the team of a Glen Cove car accident lawyer could help you determine what legal options are available to you. We can aid in your pursuit of compensation either through an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Glen Cove, call 516-358-6900
Possible Reasons For Your Glen Cove Motor Vehicle Accident
The New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee compiled statistics documenting the causes of motor vehicle accidents. Data shows that in 2019, there were 943 traffic fatalities and 11,119 collisions that resulted in serious injuries.
Some causes for your accident could include:
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Failing to respond appropriately to changing traffic conditions
- Inclement weather
- Poor roadway design
- Driving under the influence of drugs, either recreational, prescribed, or over the counter
The same source notes that distracted driving is becoming an alarming problem on New York’s public roads. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) states that 400,000 people were injured, and more than 2,800 people were killed because of distracted driving in 2018.
Some forms of distracted driving that could lead to an accident include:
- Reading and sending text messages
- Monitoring social media
- Posting to social media
- Taking photos or videos
- Taking one’s eyes off the road to address other passengers
- Turning your head to engage with those outside the vehicle
- Eating or drinking
If you or a loved one was injured under circumstances that you believe were preventable, then you may be entitled to collect compensation. We encourage you to call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP to learn more.
Glen Cove Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-358-6900
A Lawyer Will Manage the Aspects of Your Personal Injury Case
You may choose to hire a lawyer after a car accident in Glen Cove for several reasons. A lawyer will defend your rights from the moment they become your representative. They will also make obtaining fair compensation for you or your loved one their primary goal.
More specifically, your lawyer may:
- Handle communications with insurance agents
- Explain what statements or actions could compromise your ability to obtain compensation
- Pursue an insurance settlement
- File a lawsuit, if the liable insurance company does not offer fair compensation
- Gather evidence
- Document your injuries
- Calculate your losses
- Speak with experts and witnesses on your behalf
- Negotiate a pre-trial settlement, if possible
Your legal team may perform services that we have not gone into detail about here.
Recoverable Damages Following a Motor Vehicle Accident in Glen Cove
Our team wants to recover a settlement or judgment that leaves you with no outstanding expenses. We believe that if your accident was caused by another party’s negligence, then they should be responsible for the financial impact of the collision, not you or your family. We will examine the bills, invoices, and receipts associated with your losses to determine what your damages may be worth.
You may be able to pursue the cost of:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health counseling
- Physical therapy
- Medical bills, both past and present
- Lost income, wages, tips, benefits, and bonuses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
We encourage you to keep records of all of your collision-related losses so that your legal team can arrive at an accurate estimation regarding your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Today
A Glen Cove car accident lawyer will represent your interests as you seek compensation following a car accident. You may need time to focus on your health, and hiring a lawyer may allow you to do that. Get in touch with the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for more details about how we can serve you.