The construction industry touches our lives every day. The places where we live, work, shop, and play are all products of the construction industry. But all of that development can come at a price: construction accidents. Construction sites are dangerous places.
If you’re suffering from an injury sustained on a construction site, you should consider calling the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. A Glen Gove construction accident attorney will fight for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses.
How Much does It Cost to Partner with the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP?
We get it. We know everyone has heard horror stories about lawyers and legal bills. Here at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, our commitment is to serving our clients, not billing them. That’s why we take cases on a contingency-fee basis.
That means that our office doesn’t get paid for our services unless we’re able to collect compensation for your losses. Regardless of how long your case takes, if we don’t collect damages, you don’t owe a single penny.
If you still have any questions about our services, you can call our team. During your free, no-obligation case review, we can discuss our payment plan in more detail.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Claim and Lawsuit
You generally have two options for seeking compensation after a construction accident. You can file a workers’ compensation claim, or you can pursue litigation against the at-fault party.
Consider these deadlines:
- You must notify your employer of your on-the-job injury within 30 days of getting hurt, according to the New York State Board of Workers’ Compensation.
- You generally have three years to file your personal injury lawsuit, per CVP § 214.
- You typically have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a late loved one, per EPTL § 5-4.1.
You can trust our team to file your case within its applicable deadline.
How Can the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Help Me?
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP has been representing injured claimants for many years. In fact, our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience.
We want to put that experience to work for you. We believe that after an accident, the number one thing clients need is an advocate to fight on their behalf. That’s where we come into the picture.
The very last thing you need after an accident is the hassle of trying to get construction companies (and their insurance carriers) to treat you fairly. Our firm, on the other hand, is guided by an unshakeable commitment to your best interests.
We’re Prepared to Manage Your Case to the Best of Our Ability
To secure compensation for your losses, our team will:
- Examine the cause of your accident
- Identify the liable and at-fault parties
- Gather evidence to support your case, such as witness testimony
- Communicate with the involved parties
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Explain your legal rights
- Keep your case moving forward
- File your insurance claim and/or lawsuit
We’re going to fight for your interests for as long as it takes to resolve your situation.
Who Has Liability in a Construction Injury in Glen Cove, NY?
The question of liability after a construction injury is incredibly important. After all, this helps us determine who should pay for your losses. In a construction accident, liability can lie in a number of places.
Some parties that could share liability include:
- The site or building owner may face a share of liability. Even if they didn’t physically cause the accident or do the work that led to your injury, owners can be liable for the actions of their employees and contractors.
- The construction company or contractor who was chiefly responsible for managing the site may have some liability for your injuries. Licensed construction companies or contracting firms are expected to maintain safe workplaces.
- Many construction accidents are caused by contractors and sub-contractors ignoring municipal and state-mandated safety procedures. These violations could make them liable for your damages.
We will seek compensation from the parties responsible for your condition. If that means seeking those damages from the construction site owner, their contractor, or both, we’ll do it!
What Kind of Damages Can I Seek After a Construction Accident?
In every injury accident, you have what is known as “recoverable damages.” Recoverable damages is a catch-all term that may include:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning power
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We Will Seek Compensation If You Lost a Loved One
Our hearts go out to you and your family if you lost a loved one. We understand that while compensation will not undo their passing, it could alleviate some of your financial concerns. Recoverable damages in this instance may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Your loved one’s final care costs, such as hospice
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, parental guidance, and household benefits
- Loss of the decedent’s income
Our NY Clients Love the Work We’ve Done for Them
Some of our previous clients have shared:
- “I had a wonderful experience working with Richard Jaffe. He was incredibly responsive to my needs and was able to negotiate a far better settlement with my insurance company than I would have ever done if I had handled the matter on my own.” – Esther G.
- “I’m very happy I chose this law firm to handle my case. Everyone I dealt with was great. They were always in contact with me when needed. Very helpful with any questions about my care and referred me to really good doctors. I have not one complaint.” – Frank M.
You can learn more about our clients’ testimonials by visiting our website.
Make Your Next Call Your Best Call
If you suffered harm or lost a loved one in a construction accident, you should consider your legal options. You might only have one chance when seeking compensation, and you want to make the most of it.
Here at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, we’re confident that our experience and commitment can make a difference in your case. We’re ready to start championing your legal rights now. To begin your free case review, dial (516) 358-6900.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Glen Cove, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.