If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Glen Oaks or elsewhere in Queens, you should have a Glen Oaks motorcycle accident lawyer review the details of the accident and explain your legal options.
Queens is the location of far too many motorcycle accidents each year. According to the New York City Department of Transportation, the borough has one of the highest rates of fatal motorcycle crashes in the City. If you were injured in a motorcycle crash in Glen Oaks or in a surrounding area of Nassau County, the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is here to help.
Our trusted attorneys Richard Jaffe and Stephen Cohen have over a century of combined experience fighting for victims’ legal rights. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Richard Jaffe is a trained EMT and has seen firsthand the kind of trauma that motorcyclists can suffer because of careless motorists. We know you are going through one of the most difficult times in your life if you have serious injuries.
Our Glen Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys are dedicated to providing injured New Yorkers with the respect and outstanding legal service they deserve. To get started, contact the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, to set up your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 to take your call. Contact us today at (516) 358-6900 or fill out our quick online form.
Types of Glen Oaks Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcyclist may be seriously injured in any of the following types of crashes:
- Head-on collision
- Side-swipe motorcycle accident
- Rear-end motorcycle accident
- Side impact motorcycle accident.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Glen Oaks, call 866-878-6774
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Glen Oaks
Some types of motorcycle accidents include head-on collisions, sliding accidents, and rear-end collisions. The common causes of motorcycle accidents and injuries in Glen Oaks include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Left turns in front of motorcycles
- Swerving into a motorcyclist’s lane or cutting them off
- Failure to obey traffic lights and signs
- Dangerous weather conditions
- Failure to inspect and maintain vehicles
- Hazardous road conditions, such as uneven lanes, loose gravel, and unmarked dangers
- Motorists unexpectedly slamming on their brakes
- Riding in someone’s blind spot
- Traffic congestion
- Dangerous or defective vehicles or automotive parts
- Unlicensed drivers
- Drunk driving
- Failure to leave enough room between vehicles
- Improperly trained motorists
- Lane splitting
- Failure to use headlights and other safety measures.
Glen Oaks Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-878-6774
Common Injuries Resulting From Glen Oaks Motorcycle Crashes
Some of the most common injuries that result from Glen Oaks motorcycle crashes include:
- Lacerations and bruises
- Road rash
- Biker’s arm
- Muscle tears, strains, and sprains
- Ligament and tendon damage
- Fractured collarbone, broken pelvis or other broken bones
- Herniated disks, spinal fractures, and other significant spine and back injuries
- Significant head and brain injuries, such as concussions, TBIs, and skull fractures
- Whiplash and other serious shoulder and neck injuries
- Disfigurement or permanent disability
- Internal organ damage
How Our Attorneys Can Help
The Glen Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, understand the trauma and stress that motorcycle crash victims face. We are committed to helping relieve your burden by handling all the details of your claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. If we handle your motorcycle accident case, we will provide the following services:
- Fully investigate your accident. To build a persuasive case for compensation after a motorcycle accident, you must prove that another party was liable for the crash and provide evidence to support your claim. As soon as we start working with you, we will launch a full investigation into your accident.
We’ll move quickly to gather evidence from the accident before critical pieces of proof are destroyed or changed. For example, we can photograph every detail of the accident scene, such as damages to vehicles and the way the wreckage and debris landed in the crash.
We will interview witnesses and collect their accounts of what happened, as well as any videos and photos they took at the scene. We’ll also take photos of things such as broken traffic signals, loose gravel, skid marks, damages to guardrails, and other relevant road conditions. We will seek video from nearby security cameras that may have captured the collision. These security camera tapes are typically recorded over after a period of time, so it is important to act quickly to preserve them.
We can also help collect medical records related to your crash to help prove the cause and severity of your injuries.
Our outstanding team will obtain a copy of the official accident report from the police. Depending on the complexity of the accident, we may hire accident reconstruction specialists, who can help demonstrate what happened in the motorcycle accident.
Our lawyers can use this information to help determine who was responsible for your injuries and should be held accountable. Many different parties might have liability in a motorcycle accident – from other drivers on the road to vehicle manufacturers to Nassau County government or New York agencies that are responsible for maintaining the road.
If you were partially at fault in the accident and contributed to your injuries in some way, we can help you navigate New York’s comparative negligence laws and seek the best possible outcome of your case.
Under comparative fault rules, motorcyclists who are partially responsible for an accident can often still seek money for their injuries, but the court typically reduces the victim’s compensation in relation to their degree of fault for the accident. For example, if your accident damages were worth $100,000 and you were 25 percent at fault, then the most compensation you could receive would be $75,000.
- Negotiate with insurance. Insurance companies typically try to pay motorcycle collision victims as little as possible to resolve their claims. Our skilled lawyers can negotiate on your behalf to help you get the full compensation you deserve.
Insurers may contact victims soon after crashes. They often try to take advantage of victims’ shock and confusion after accidents by pressuring them to accept low offers. They may use anything you say to minimize your claim or deny liability.
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our Glen Oaks motorcycle crash lawyers understand the tricks that insurers attempt and the bias they often exhibit toward injured motorcyclists. We can help protect your rights by negotiating with the insurance company representatives on your behalf.
- Support throughout your case. Our compassionate motorcycle accident attorneys are committed to supporting our clients throughout the duration of the case. We will take the time to listen to your story and get to know you and your expectations for a successful outcome to your case.
We’ll answer your questions, help you understand your legal options, and give you the tools to help you make the best possible decision for your family and your future.
Additionally, you can trust that we have your best interests in mind. We will help connect you to the services you need related to your case. For example, we can help you find a medical specialist to evaluate and treat your motorcycle accident injuries. We can also help protect you against the actions of aggressive creditors and debt collectors by informing them of your pending legal claim. Many creditors will pause collection efforts if a personal injury claim is underway.
- Stand up for your legal rights. If the insurance company won’t agree to a fair settlement, then the Glen Oaks motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe is prepared to fight for your rights in court. New York’s statute of limitations usually allows motorcycle accident victims three years to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for damages from an accident.
After this deadline expires, it’s often impossible for victims to sue for compensation. However, there are some exceptions to the statute of limitations that might shorten or lengthen the amount of time you have to file a claim. For that reason, you should contact a lawyer promptly. Our experienced attorneys will use their knowledge of local and state regulations to make sure your claim is filed within the permitted time period.
Our Queens motorcycle accident attorneys will be prepared to fight aggressively for you in court and seek justice and the full compensation available by law. Motorcycle drivers often have trouble getting fair compensation after accidents because many juries think motorcyclists are risk-takers. A biased juror might assume a motorcycle driver is to blame for his or her injuries.
However, we have what it takes to help motorcycle accident victims fight for full compensation to cover current and future expenses for damages like lost income, medical bills, and emotional trauma.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle wreck, don’t wait to stand up for your rights and fair compensation. To get started, contact the Glen Oaks motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, right away, and set up your free consultation. Call us at (516) 358-6900 or contact us online right away.