A motorcycle accident in the Village of Lynbrook may entitle you to compensation. Our team may secure a recovery for your medical costs, lost income, and other damages.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will provide a Lynbrook motorcycle accident attorney to fight for you. Our attorneys have more than a century of collective legal experience – let us put that experience to work for you.
You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident in Lynbrook – What Now?
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, getting prompt medical attention is paramount. Even if you’ve received care at the scene of your accident, it may be worth visiting an emergency room, walk-in clinic, or your primary care doctor. By getting medical help, you:
- May protect yourself from undiagnosed or untreated injuries
- Can ensure you’re caring for yourself properly
- Create a crucial record of your injuries
Insurance companies and defendants may contest your injuries. They may argue that your injuries aren’t as severe as you claim or that they’re not accident-related. By getting immediate treatment and documenting your care, you protect yourself from these claims.
The next step you may want to take is hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. We will help you with an insurance claim and advise you on whether a lawsuit is necessary. We’ll also defend your rights throughout the remainder of your case.
Can You Seek Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident in Lynbrook?
You may be able to. We can generally seek compensation for you if:
- You’ve suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident
- One or more other parties are liable for the accident
We’ll provide a personal review of your case. At this point, we’ll determine how we can seek justice for you.
How do We Know If Someone Is Liable for Your Accident?
We generally use the negligence standard to determine liability. A motorist, manufacturer, or other party may be liable for your losses if:
- They owed you a duty of care: All motorists in Lynbrook have a duty of care to operate their vehicles safely, while manufacturers have a duty of care to produce safe vehicles and motorcycles.
- They violated their duty of care: Someone violates the duty of care when they act “unreasonably” based on a set of specific circumstances.
- Their violation caused your accident: If someone’s unreasonable behavior contributed to your accident in any way, then they may be liable.
- The accident caused your injuries: We may prove this through medical records, photos or videos of the accident scene, or other documentation.
Once we’ve proven these four things, we’ll show the damages you’ve suffered.
Not all liable parties are negligent. A defendant in your case may be strictly liable for another party—meaning their relationship to the negligent party makes them responsible for your losses. This can be the case when an employee causes harm and their employer is liable.
Your Lawyer Can Help Prove Liability
You may not be familiar with legal concepts like liability, let alone able to sort these issues out on your own. A motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will handle these matters. By hiring us for your case in Lynbrook, you’ll be able to focus entirely on your recovery.
Securing Fair Compensation Will Be Our Goal for Your Motorcycle Accident Case in Lynbrook
We care deeply that our clients recover from their injuries and traumas. However, we know what you hire us for: to obtain the financial recovery you deserve.
We’ve obtained positive case results for many motorcycle accident victims, including recoveries of $4 million, $1 million, and $330,000. As we seek a fair settlement or judgment for you, expect our team to:
Gather All Relevant Evidence and Documentation
We’ll seek any evidence that aligns with your case. Such evidence may show that: a) you’re not liable for your accident, and b) another party is liable for your accident. Our team of investigators will seek out:
- Video footage
- Witness accounts
- A police report
- Physical evidence
We’ll organize and preserve any such evidence. We also want to document your losses. We may do so using:
- Your doctor’s assessment of injuries
- Medical experts’ projections for the cost of your case
- Medical bills
- Images of your injuries
- Proof of lost income
- Invoices for motorcycle repairs
- Invoices for repair or replacement of damaged property
Evidence and documentation are the foundation of personal injury cases.
Deal with Insurance Companies and Attorneys
You’re injured or coping with the loss of a loved one. The last worry you should have is what to say to an aggressive insurance agent or hostile attorney. Our firm will complete any necessary interactions with these parties. If you absolutely must give a statement to insurance representatives, we’ll be there to walk you through it.
Negotiate a Settlement or Go to Trial
Settlement negotiations are a critical juncture in your case. We’ll present evidence, offer our calculation of your losses, and accept nothing less than you deserve. If we don’t secure the settlement you need to cover your losses, we’ll go to trial.
Your case becomes our responsibility once you hire our firm. Expect prompt communication and full service throughout our time serving you.
Former Clients Explain the Merits of Hiring the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
When researching law firms, don’t underestimate the importance of client testimonials. Our clients describe our caring, passionate, and effective legal care:
- “All of the staff that I worked with were professional and courteous, and reminded me of appointments so that I could get the best possible settlement. One-third went towards their office, along with some fees, but they reduced those fees and put them in my pocket as a gesture of good faith and understanding towards my situation. For that I will be forever grateful.” – Steven, former client
- “I knew I had made the right decision when I decided on the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. From the beginning to the end the entire staff made me feel as if I was family.” – Rosa, former client
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for a FREE Consultation About Your Case
Motorcyclists have a right to ride their bikes without being harmed. If someone has violated this right, then you deserve justice. A motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will seek a financial recovery for you. We’ll handle your case in Lynbrook from start to finish.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900. We’ll complete your free consultation, answer your questions, and help you take the next steps in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Lynbrook, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.