A motorcycle accident in Oyster Bay can cause trauma, medical expenses, lost income, and other damages. You may get a settlement or judgment to cover all losses.
An Oyster Bay motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can help. Our firm serves Long Island, and we will serve you.
Why Should You Pick the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Your Case?
You may be wondering how to choose a lawyer. You can base your decision off of:
- A law firm’s practice areas
- A law firm’s presence and reputation in your area
- Whether a law firm has won cases like yours
- What former clients say about the firm
- The experience of attorneys who will handle your case
- Your comfort level with the law firm
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP provides what most accident victims seek. We have won many cases, including motorcycle accident cases. Our results in motorcycle accident cases include:
- A $4 million recovery
- A $1 million settlement
- A $300,000 settlement
We’re not afraid to take on any defendant. One of the above-listed recoveries came from the City of New York. We know motorcycle accidents, we know Long Island, and we know how to satisfy clients. Just ask them:
- “I knew I had made the right decision when I decided on the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. From the beginning to the end the entire staff made me feel as if I was family.” – Rosa, former client
- “If you ever have any doubts about your current lawyer, and would like to see what a real law firm is supposed to be, then I highly recommend this firm.” – Do Chang, former client
- “From my personal experience, this firm is one of the best. They take care of your stress and worries. You can feel comfortable asking them questions at any time. They’re always there for any help. The lawyers explain every detail and they have a wonderful staff. Will keep recommending them to my friends and family.” – Celeste, former client
If you have any questions about our firm, we will be happy to answer them.
What Does It Cost to Hire the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP?
There is no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to hire our firm. If we accept your case, it’s because you deserve justice – money is never a factor in which cases we accept. If we secure a judgment or settlement for you, we’ll get a portion. You’ll be completely aware of what percentage we receive before starting your case.
If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t owe us anything. This means your motorcycle accident attorney will work hard to win your case. If you don’t get paid for your case in Oyster Bay, we don’t either.
What Awards Can a Motorcycle Accident Victim Recover?
Awards vary from case to case because losses vary from case to case. We will base your target settlement on your losses, which may include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage, including damage to your motorcycle
- Lost income and earning power
- Other professional losses
- Pain and suffering
- Treatment for trauma
As the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains, motorcycle accidents pose a high risk of death. If you’ve lost a loved one, we’ll seek coverage for medical expenses, lost financial support, funeral costs, pain and suffering, and any other losses.
What does the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP do for Clients?
Our first step is to ensure you’re receiving proper medical care. Once we know you’re in good hands medically, we’ll focus fully on your case. We generally complete motorcycle accident cases by:
Fully Investigating the Accident
Why did your accident happen?
Who is responsible?
What evidence is there of your accident?
These are all questions we’ll seek to answer during the investigation. We may work with investigators and experts to:
- Obtain and analyze video footage of your accident
- Reconstruct your accident
- Obtain witness accounts
- Obtain the police report for your accident
- Gather and preserve physical evidence
- Gain the entire picture of your motorcycle accident
Once we have all the facts, we may know who is responsible for your accident.
Identifying Liable Parties
We’ll identify the motorist, motorcycle manufacturer, mechanic, or any other party liable for your losses. Multiple defendants may owe you compensation.
We generally use the standard of negligence for liability. Someone is negligent if:
- They owed you a duty of care.
- They breached that duty of care.
- Their breach of duty of care caused your motorcycle accident.
- We can prove your losses.
Not all defendants in your case may be negligent. For example, an employer may be liable for an employee’s accident—even if the employer didn’t act negligently.
Recognizing All of Your Losses and Their Value
We will identify, value, and document your accident-related losses. We may obtain assessments, medical images, and other documentation from your doctors. Your pre-accident earning statements may prove how much income you’ve lost. Invoices for motorcycle repairs may be proof of property damage. We’ll seek any documentation that helps your case.
There are accepted ways of calculating non-economic losses – namely, pain and suffering. Our firm knows these methods. This may be one of the trickier aspects of a lawsuit. Without a lawyer, you may fail to calculate losses properly.
Fighting for the Best Possible Outcome
We’ll seek a fair settlement or judgment. We won’t back down from insurance companies or other attorneys. If we can’t settle, then we’re ready for trial.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP to Discuss Your Case Today
Don’t risk your health by handling your case in Oyster Bay alone. You may not achieve the outcome you hope for and may add significant stress to your life. A motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will protect your interests. We’ll use all of our resources on your behalf.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for your FREE consultation. There are no obligations when you call. Contact us as soon as you can. Cases in Oyster Bay may have fixed deadlines. The sooner you call, the sooner we may file your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Oyster Bay, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.