If you suffered an accident due to another person’s negligence while walking as a pedestrian, you could recover damages to pay for your accident-related losses. You could also retain a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Oyster Bay from our firm to help you do so.
Your Lawyer Can Handle Your Pedestrian Accident Case from Its Beginning to Its Resolution
Hiring legal representation while healing from an accident can be a huge help. We can utilize our knowledge and resources to help you seek a fair settlement or judgment. We can also guide you throughout the entire process, protect your rights, and offer advice.
There are many moving parts involved in the insurance claims and personal injury processes. A lawyer from our team is familiar with what you will need to accomplish— and can do it all for you.
For instance, we can:
- Interview eyewitnesses to the accident
- Secure a copy of the accident report
- Take photos of your injuries
- Look for existing security video of the accident
- Valuate your damages after identifying your losses
- Write and send your demand letter to the insurer
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit
- Present your case in court, if necessary
- Help you stay within the statute of limitations imposed by CVP §214
You Could Collect Compensation for Your Losses
The compensation you could receive will depend on how your accident occurred and how it affected your life. For instance, you could collect pain and suffering damages for your injuries and damages to repay your medical bills.
However, there are some losses you might have only experienced if your injuries were severe:
- Lost wages, tips, bonuses, and other related benefits
- Loss of limb
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Accessibility renovations to your home or vehicle
- Mobility aids, such as a wheelchair
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents that We Can Help You Sue for
A pedestrian accident can be severe, as individuals do not have the same protection outside of a vehicle as inside of one (seatbelts, airbags, etc.). Additionally, a vehicle’s combined weight and speed pose a high risk to pedestrians. This is why it is important for drivers to maintain the duty of care they owe to others around them. If they do not, you could hold them accountable for their negligence.
Negligent acts that we can help you pursue a claim for include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Intoxicated driving
If you work with us, tell our Oyster Bay legal team what you remember about your pedestrian accident.
No Upfront Payment Is Required to Retain Our Services
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, you do not need to provide upfront payment. We do not charge by the hour, either. We decide at the beginning what percentage of your settlement or judgment will pay our fee. We will put this in the hiring contract you sign.
Why You Should Not Wait to Take Action in Your Accident Case
Some conditions can get worse without prompt treatment, which means that your health could be at stake if you delay. It is very important to see a doctor shortly after the accident. It can also create documentation that will help your case. Insurers may jump on any opportunity to claim that accident victims don’t deserve damages. If they see that you waited for treatment, they might claim your injuries aren’t that bad.
If you end up needing to take your case to court, you also have to file a lawsuit prior to the end of the timeline imposed by state law. If you do not keep this time frame in mind, you could jeopardize your right to compensation. Depending on the parties you want to pursue damages from, your timeline might be different.
How You Can Help Your Case While You Wait for it to Resolve
Your lawyer can handle your case, but you can also help them by doing the following:
- Staying off social media
- Refraining from speaking to the insurance company
- Not accepting settlement offers before speaking to your lawyer
- Keeping a journal detailing your healing process
- Listening to your medical team and taking your doctor’s recommendations
Previous Clients Can Attest to Our Work Ethic
You deserve to spend time thinking about the firm that’s right for you. Keep the following testimonials in mind from some of our past clients, though:
- “This firm is one of the best. They take care of your stress and worries. You can feel comfortable to ask them questions at any time. They’re always there for any help.”
- “Everyone I dealt with was great. They were always in contact with me when needed. Very helpful with any questions…”
- “[They] kept me in the loop constantly and consistently about what was going on and what to expect from my lawsuit.”
One of our lawyers that serve Oyster Bay pedestrian accident victims could give you a helping hand during a time when you are facing many challenges. Do not think that you have to take on your entire case yourself.
Occupying yourself with paperwork and legal doctrine could prevent you from recovering in peace. It is important that you reach maximum medical improvement and get back to your normal life. Let us help you do so.
Call Our Attorneys Now for Help with Your Oyster Bay Pedestrian Accident
You can obtain a free consultation so you can get a chance to scope out our firm culture and learn about how our team will take care of you. Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Oyster Bay, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.