A loved one’s passing may entitle you to various death benefits, including loss of inheritance, non-economic awards, and funeral expenses.
A wrongful death lawyer serving Garden City, NY, can handle your case while you grieve in peace. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will fight for you and your loved ones. We can investigate your case, calculate your losses, and pursue fair compensation so your family can cope in the absence of your loved one.
Recoverable Awards for a Wrongful Death
Every wrongful death case presents unique circumstances. However, victims of a wrongful death may suffer many of the same damages. You and eligible loved ones may receive compensation for the following types of losses.
Loss of Inheritance
Your loved one’s passing may cause direct financial harm, including:
- Loss of their base salary or hourly wages
- Loss of performance bonuses
- Loss of 401k benefits
- Loss of other types of income
You may receive coverage for these losses. We may project these types of economic benefits through your loved one’s retirement age.
Medical expenses may be another costly economic burden. You may receive compensation to cover:
- Ambulance services
- Emergency care
- Other hospital-related costs
- Any other medical expenses related to your loved one’s death
Your medical expenses will likely depend on the circumstances of your loved one’s death—and illness and sudden injury may require vastly different types of care. Our team pursues complete coverage in any case.
Other economic losses may relate directly to your loved one’s passing, including:
- Embalming services
- Funeral service costs
We will speak with you to determine what your economic losses are. These losses will be a part of your wrongful death lawsuit.
Wrongful deaths generally cause non-economic losses that include:
- Loss of spousal companionship and comfort
- Loss of parental guidance and instruction
- Psychological trauma
- Lost quality of life
Monetary damages may be the only way to instill some justice for these types of harm. Your family has suffered an immense loss, and our team will seek fair compensation.
What will You have to Pay to Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
If you have the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, you will not have to worry about the cost of your case. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, which:
- Eliminates hourly rates
- Requires you to pay no upfront fee to hire us
- Protects you from paying our fee unless you win
Yes, you only pay us a fee if we win your case. That fee is part of your winnings and does not come from your own pocket.
What Our Clients say about the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
When you’re considering hiring a lawyer, you should consider their past clients’ testimonials. These tell you how satisfied or unsatisfied other clients have been.
Our previous clients’ satisfaction speaks for itself. Here is what they say:
- “If you ever have any doubts about your current lawyer, and would like to see what a real law firm is supposed to be, then I highly recommend this firm. From start to finish, Richard Jaffe , Stephen Tiger, and the whole staff genuinely care about you and your family, and whatever else is important to you.” – Do Chang, former client
- “Mr. Jaffe is truly professional and highly knowledgeable. He was always accessible for any questions or concerns I had. He showed true compassion for what I was going through, I highly recommend Mr. Jaffe.” – Catherine, former client
A wrongful death lawyer from our firm can handle your case with care. We will deal with the legal process in Garden City, NY, while you and your loved ones recover from your loss.
What You can Expect from Us
When it comes to your wrongful death case, expect the following from our firm:
We will Pursue Fair Compensation
You may have one shot at a wrongful death lawsuit, and we will pursue every cent that you deserve.
We generally pursue a settlement for victims like you. As the American Bar Association (ABA) notes, settlements are the most common outcome for civil cases. A settlement can help you resolve your case faster.
Settlements are not always possible. If our team must take your case to trial, then we will. We will take the necessary steps to pursue fair compensation for you.
We will defend Your Rights
Insurance companies may try to argue that their client was not liable for the loss of your loved one in an attempt to undervalue or deny your claim. If they do offer an initial settlement, it may not fairly cover your losses.
Our firm will defend your rights by calculating your losses and preventing you from accepting an unfair initial offer.
We will complete every step of Your Case
Wrongful death cases take time. Our team will guide your case through every step of the legal process. While you worry about your wellbeing, we will:
- Draft your case
- File your case
- Obtain evidence
- Obtain documentation
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with attorneys for defendants in your case
- Move your case through the legal system
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial (should we need to)
We can also help you seek counseling following your loss. Our team will:
- Answer your initial questions
- Respond to all of your phone calls and emails
- Remain available to you as your case goes on
- Be your ally in this difficult time
Our team is here to help, and we will treat your case with the personalized attention it deserves.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for a Free Consultation
Our firm can handle your wrongful death cases in Garden City, NY. We will review and complete your case at no upfront cost to you. Fair compensation for your family is our goal, and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if needed.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful deaths lawyer serving Garden City, call 516-358-6900