Motorcycle accidents can cause catastrophic losses, from medical costs to long-term loss of income and permanent injury. You may deserve coverage for all of your damages.
A Garden City motorcycle accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will fight for you. We will seek every cent of the financial recovery you deserve.
We’ll Find Out Why Your Motorcycle Accident Happened
Our firm will identify the cause of your accident. In doing so, we’ll identify anyone who owes you compensation. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that motorists are usually responsible for accidents. A motorist may cause a motorcycle accident by:
- Speeding and losing control of their vehicle
- Failing to check blind spots before turning or changing lanes
- Merging into a lane where a motorcyclist is
- Crossing an intersection when a motorcyclist is approaching
- Opening a door next to a motorcycle-occupied lane
- Driving while drunk, distracted, or on drugs
- Driving while tired
Motorcycle accidents stem from many possible hazards. Defects and dangerous road conditions can also cause accidents. The cause of your specific accident may affect liability.
Who Is Liable for Your Motorcycle Accident in Garden City?
Liability for an accident depends on why the accident happened. Liable parties for different accidents may include:
- For an accident caused by driver error: The driver or their employer
- For an accident caused by dangerous road conditions: The city of Garden City or any party that caused the dangerous conditions
- For an accident caused by vehicle defects: A vehicle or parts manufacturer, a used car salesperson, or a mechanic who caused the defect
We’ll need to review the facts of your accident. Once we do, we’ll determine who is liable for your losses.
What Is Your Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
This also depends on facts specific to your accident. We’ll determine what injuries you’ve suffered, what medical care you’ll require, and how much time you’ll need to recover. We will also calculate the cost of motorcycle repairs, lost income, and other damages. With all necessary information in hand, our team can determine the value of your case.
Why Should You Hire the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe serves victims in New York – we know the community of Garden City, and we understand how to complete cases in its legal system. Our attorneys have roots in the state, legal training, and a will to win.
We also get results. Our case victories include:
- A $1 million settlement for a client who fractured their femur in a motorcycle accident
- A $4 million recovery for a client who suffered lifelong injuries due to their motorcycle accident
- A $300,000 settlement from the City of New York for a motorcyclist who struck a metal construction plate in the road, suffering a significant injury
Case results tell one important part of a law firm’s story. Client testimonials tell another. Our former clients speak highly of our entire staff:
- “The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is simply the best! These guys take a genuine interest in your overall recovery process and will fight hard to get you every last dollar that you are entitled to. Communication for me is very important and they kept me informed every step of the way.” – Daniel P.
- “This is a great place to seek legal representation. The entire staff are very nice and highly competent. Can’t thank them enough for how they handled – and the outcome of – my case and my wellbeing in general. Highly recommended and a very well deserved five-star office.” – Erma X.
These are only two reviews, but they’re reflective of our other client testimonials. When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from our team, expect the same legal standard. Let the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP fight for justice on your behalf in Garden City.
What, Exactly, Will the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Do for You?
We are a full-service firm. Therefore, you should expect full service, including:
- Investigation of your motorcycle accident: We may visit your accident scene, interview witnesses, and gather all useful evidence. We’ll obtain the police report for your collision and obtain any video footage of the accident. We may even reconstruct the collision (with help from experts).
- Documentation of your losses: We’ll seek indisputable proof of your losses. From medical bills to proof of lost income, we’ll seek all available documentation.
- Completion of day-to-day responsibilities: We’ll need to fill out paperwork, contact insurance companies, send emails, deal with the courts, and much more. Lawsuits and insurance claims are rarely simple, and that’s why we may be of great help to you.
- Negotiation of a settlement: We’ll negotiate for the best possible settlement. If liable parties don’t agree to pay you fairly, we may complete a trial.
By the end of your case, you may ask: what doesn’t the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP do?
What does a Motorcycle Accident Settlement Cover?
Your financial recovery should cover your losses. Those losses may include:
- Current and future medical care
- Lost income and earning power
- Lost opportunities for bonuses and promotions
- Lost retirement benefits
- Repair or replacement of your motorcycle
- Pain and suffering
- Any other damages stemming from your motorcycle accident
Motorcycle accidents are too often fatal. If you’ve lost a loved one, we’ll identify your losses. They may include medical care, funeral expenses, and more. Wrongful death cases are especially sensitive, and we handle them with the utmost care.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Your FREE Consultation
Motorcycle accidents come out of the blue and throw your life into disarray. Your to-do list is likely full, but you may deserve a financial recovery. A motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP may be what you need. Our team will use all of our resources to seek a win for you in Garden City.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for your free consultation. Don’t wait to call us, as New York may impose a statute of limitations on your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.