Dealing with the aftermath of medical malpractice can be draining and all-consuming. Your injuries might have even put you out of work and left you to recover at home.
A lawyer serving Queens from our firm can help you secure a financial award to compensate you for the many damages you could be suffering from (and might suffer from in the future).
What You Could Gain from Hiring a Lawyer at Our Firm
When you hire your attorney, you get to redistribute the stress and concern of your claim or lawsuit to a professional that makes this kind of process their daily work. We know what comes next after a victim of negligence decides they want to take action.
We are prepared to help you in the following ways:
- Our team searches for evidence that supports your testimony.
- We will tell you all we know about your case and your options.
- Our staff will interview any eyewitnesses we can find.
- Your lawyer will assign a value to all your losses.
- We will list all your requests and losses on a demand letter that we send to the insurance company.
- Our team will file all paperwork for you.
- We will handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company.
- We will help you file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations imposed by CVP §214-A runs out.
The Types of Damages that Could Entitle You to Medical Malpractice Compensation
There are many kinds of ways you could be eligible to recover damages. For instance, any worsening or additional injury the liable party caused you is not the only way you could take home a settlement or judgment.
Your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life are also relevant. Medical bills, such as physical therapy, any surgery or hospital stays your malpractice caused you to endure, and mobility aids you have to rent or buy qualify you for damages as well.
We Can Help You Pursue Wrongful Death Compensation
If you are looking to file a lawsuit because you lost your loved one to medical malpractice, we are sorry. Wrongful death damages that could result in a financial award are:
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Your loved one’s medical bills prior to their passing
Speak to your legal team about the ways you could secure a settlement. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) states that “most physicians carry medical malpractice insurance.” However, your journey is not over if the defendant in your case is not covered by such a policy.
Our Past Clients Speak Highly of Our Services
When you think about what you want in legal representatives, you likely want a team that will listen to you, advocate on your behalf, and keeps you informed. Our client testimonials attest to how much we care about the people we serve and what we are willing to do to get them fair settlements.
- “All of the staff that I had worked with had been professional [and] courteous.”
- “…outstanding and consistent reliability, service, results & promptness.”
- “…welcoming and reassuring… [hard-working] and very polite…”
- “Would definitely recommend [them] to anyone and would definitely come back if I ever need a lawyer.”
Our goal is to provide a helping hand when our clients need to most. Allow us to do this for you and your family at this difficult time.
We Will Prove Who Is Liable for Your Losses
Malpractice might not just be the fault of your doctor. Administrative staff, nurses, or the hospital/office itself could be liable. Your Queens lawyer will utilize any evidence of medical malpractice they find to argue that you deserve damages.
Many sources of proof could help your case. For instance:
- Video footage of the event itself
- A journal detailing your pain and recovery
- Interview transcripts of those who witnessed the malpractice occur
- Your receipts and other medical documents before and after your injury
- Medical expert testimony that affirms the negligence of the other party
Talk to our team so we can begin putting together your case.
What You Can Do Right Now to Help Your Case
Aside from retaining a lawyer, you might not know how to conduct yourself in a situation like this. However, you could start by staying off social media. Insurance companies often scour victims’ profiles for opportunities to disprove the victim’s pain and claim for damages.
If you post a picture of yourself at the beach while on pain medication to get through the day, all the adjuster will see is that you are able to have a good time. They will claim that you are not truly hurting. Do not give them this chance.
You should also collect everything you can think will help us, write down all the details that you think might be relevant, and be ready to recount your experiences. We know this aspect of the case can be difficult, but we have to hear everything so we can build your case.
Proving Negligence in Your Case
You have an opportunity to make a negligent medical worker accountable for not upholding the duty of care they should have maintained. Your lawyer familiar with medical malpractice will establish that:
- Your Queens medical professional had this duty of care to keep you safe.
- The liable party violated this duty.
- This violation harmed you.
- The harm you suffered caused your financial losses.
Call the Attorneys at the Law Offices of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Help
We have staff members ready to take your call at any time of day or night. Call the Law Offices of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP at (516) 358-6900 today. You will not benefit from waiting to take action, as the statute of limitations only allows you a limited time to file a lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Queens, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.