If you were riding your bike and a car, bus, or truck hit you, you may have sustained severe injuries that will require long-term medical treatment. You may have mounting medical bills, only adding to the stress you are under. Are you concerned about how you’ll pay for treatment? Fret not.
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, our attorneys are ready to examine your case and advise you on all your legal options. We have a team of attorneys prepared to fight for vulnerable victims and their families. Our Nassau County bicycle accident lawyer can identify the liable party and pursue them for compensation so you can move on from your accident more comfortably.
Am I Eligible for Compensation?
If you or your lawyer can prove a party’s negligence caused your accident, you can seek compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. Your lawyer will determine what damages you are eligible to receive compensation for and valuate them.
Economic damages are those that can be assigned a monetary value. Some examples include:
- Any existing and future medical expenses incurred in the treatment of your injuries
- Loss of income
- Diminished future earnings
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are more personal losses. They are harder to quantify but have monetary value nonetheless. Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Who Is Liable for My Accident and Injuries?
Liability for your accident and injuries depends on the facts of your case. Bicycle accident victims cannot always identify all responsible parties/defendants. It is ideal to locate all of them, though, to secure the compensation from them that you deserve.
You shouldn’t be expected to go search for and pursue a liable party when recovering is your main priority. Allow us to investigate the accident, determine the responsible party or parties, and take action against them.
Do I Still Get Compensation If I’m Partially at Fault?
Cyclists, like everyone else, have the right to use the road, but they also have legal obligations and must respect the laws. It implies they might be partially responsible for creating an accident, even if they are hurt.
The court assigns joint liability between the two parties in this case. For example, you are entitled to 75% of the compensation if you are deemed 25% at fault for an accident. However, it is crucial to note that determining responsibility is not wholly up to the police officer or an insurance assessor.
To potentially elevate your position, have someone familiar with bikers’ rights in Nassau County advocate for you.
Working with a Nassau County Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists. Despite this, vehicles do not always recognize or appreciate bikers who share the road with them. Wounded bicyclists who are victims of careless drivers can file a claim for financial compensation. To help you gain justice, here are a few actions that our Nassau County bicycle accident lawyer can take on your behalf.
- Assess your case professionally, locate the required evidence and expert witnesses, and develop the most effective legal approach.
- Determine the value of your physical and mental damages resulting from the accident, get you the care you need, and put together the best case possible for sufficient compensation.
- Identify all responsible parties, including insurance companies.
- Negotiate with your insurance provider and any other parties responsible.
- Assist you in navigating the legal system, especially in court, if we must go to trial.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP attorneys are dedicated to helping clients harmed in bicycle accidents in Nassau County. They fight tirelessly for financial awards that cover their clients’ damages.
What Does It Cost to Hire the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP?
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will provide you with quality legal advice without charging you up front or out of pocket. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that if we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing.
The only legal fee you’ll have to pay is a percentage of your settlement or court award. We will not charge you for the time we spend speaking with you over the phone, by email, or in person at our office. Your lawyer receives only a fraction of the money from your compensation. There are no financial risks under this payment arrangement.
How Our Firm Operates
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP has based its business strategy on four core elements that define our firm:
- Accessibility: Working with the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is much more than the client-attorney connection. It’s a team effort. We think that we should always be available and reachable to our clients.
- Affordability: We simply want to support victims in need, not drain their wallets. Rather than charging expensive hourly rates, we provide flat-fee options to make your time with us more affordable.
- Open and Honest Representation: We believe honesty is essential for our client interactions. When you deal with us, we will always tell you the complete truth. You will also never be in the dark; we keep you updated and informed.
- The Client’s Right to Representation: We feel that the term “client” implies aloofness and a lack of personal connection. While this may be suitable for certain law offices and businesses, the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP believes in true collaboration with those who choose to work with us.
We have a hard-working team and a sterling track record. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP may very well be your best line of defense. Don’t just take our word for it; you can visit our testimonials page to see what past clients have said about us.
Contact the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
If you have any questions, please contact us by dialing (516) 358-6900 or dropping by our office. We guarantee that we will not charge you any fees if we do not win your case with our “No Fee Promise.”
Whether your accident happened in Garden City, Hempstead, or another city in Nassau County, we want to help you get your feet back on the ground. You shouldn’t let the liable party or parties get away with their negligence. We want to hold them accountable and secure justice for you. Don’t wait to reach out for help; if you want to pursue compensation, there may be deadlines to adhere to. Let’s get to work today.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Nassau County, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.