Having to suffer the untimely loss of a loved one or family member is one of the greatest pains a person can experience. While there is nothing that can make up for the loss of your loved one due to negligence, you can still pursue justice in their name. If a negligent party’s actions led to your loved one’s death, you have the legal right to file a wrongful death claim. By filing a wrongful death claim, you and your family members may be able to reach some closure by holding the liable party responsible for the actions that ultimately ended a life. For help building a strong wrongful death claim, contact our team of legal professionals today.
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our personal injury lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience helping clients in New York who have suffered the unimaginable loss of a loved one due to wrongful death. We understand the trauma of losing a loved one due to another party’s negligence. That is why our legal professionals handle the claims process while you focus on grieving your loss. It is our goal to protect your rights and interests as we help you get justice for your injuries through personalized service. To begin building your wrongful death claim today, contact our wrongful death attorneys as soon as possible.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, we believe that the best way to approach a case as sensitive as one involving wrongful death is to sit down and talk about the accident that resulted in the untimely passing of your family member or loved one. This allows our team of legal professionals to have a full understanding of the case and how this loss has affected you and your family. We want to ensure that we can give your deceased loved one an accurate voice throughout the claims process.
These cases can be difficult for families. That is why we work to get to know our clients through one-on-one consultations, which allows our team to get to know you personally. Through this process, we are able to customize a legal strategy suited to your specific needs to ensure your loved one gets the justice they deserve. When you retain the legal help of one of our wrongful death attorneys, you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Updates and knowledge of the wrongful death claims process throughout the process
- Personalized and experienced legal counsel
- Answers to all questions regarding your wrongful death case
- Collect necessary evidence to support your claim and hold the liable party responsible
- Negotiate for a fair settlement amount and pursue justice
For additional questions regarding the wrongful death claims process and how you can benefit from working with our trusted lawyers, call our New York office today.
Damages You Can Collect After a Wrongful Death Claim
We understand that no amount of money could ever make up for the loss of your loved one. However, when a person unexpectedly passes away, we know the financial burden that often falls onto the shoulders of surviving family members. While your main purpose behind filing a wrongful death claim may not have to do with getting compensation, you should still receive damages for the losses you have suffered as a result of your loved one’s passing.
The damages that you may be eligible to recover following your loved one’s wrongful death are as follows:
- Medical expenses: After a wrongful death, victims’ family members are often left to pay any medical bills their loved one may have acquired before they passed. In these cases, family members of the deceased should be compensated for the cost of all medical expenses relating to the wrongful death of their loved one.
- Lost wages: When a wrongful death occurs, family members may be affected due to the lost income of their family member. This is especially true when the deceased was the breadwinner of a family. As a result, family members should be compensated for all present and future wages lost as a result of the negligence of the at-fault party.
- Pain and suffering: Family members who have lost a loved one to wrongful death should be compensated for the pain and suffering they have had to endure.
For a better understanding of what damages you may be eligible to collect, contact our team of Jackson Heights lawyers today for more information.
Contact a Jackson Heights Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
The personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe have more than 100 years of combined experience fighting for our clients’ rights after they have lost a loved one to wrongful death. We will help ensure that the negligent party in their case is held liable by building a strong claim and fighting for the justice they deserve.
For more information about our firm and to learn how we navigate your wrongful death claim in New York, subscribe to our YouTube channel. For a free consultation with one of our Jackson Heights wrongful death lawyers, call 516-358-6900 or complete our contact form today.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Jackson Heights, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.