Our client, a healthy baby boy, residing with his mother in an apartment in Brooklyn, suffered lead poisoning when he was 2 years old from eating paint chips in his home. The paint chips came from the walls of the apartment that were damaged by water leaks that occurred prior to the baby being born. Neither the leaks nor the walls of the apartment were ever repaired by the landlord, despite numerous complaints. Upon being diagnosed with lead paint poisoning, the Department of Health conducted an inspection of the apartment where they found dangerously high levels of lead in the paint. Our law firm dispatched a team of investigators. We uncovered numerous prior complaints of excessive levels of lead in the paint in other apartments within the building. Our law firm was able to secure for the baby boy and his mother in excess of $2 million.