When going out to eat, many individuals expect quality food, trained staff, and a well-maintained establishment. If a restaurant owner fails to keep their property safe for diners and staff, they may be held liable if someone slips and falls on a slick floor or broken stairs. Slip-and-fall accidents can cause severe injuries to victims and may require long-term medical attention.
Fortunately, slip-and-fall accident victims do not need to fight for their rights alone. At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our attorneys can help you hold the negligent restaurant accountable for the losses you have suffered. When you choose us, one of our skilled premises liability attorneys will conduct a full investigation into your case to uncover the facts and help you recover the maximum amount of compensation possible for your claim.
Proving Negligence in a Restaurant Slip-And-Fall Case
In order to successfully prove that the restaurant is liable for your losses, your case must meet specific requirements. The following are essential elements of New York slip-and-fall cases.
- The restaurant owed you a duty of care: Restaurant owners are required to keep their premises safe for diners, employees, and others who lawfully enter the premises.
- The duty of care was breached: An ignored spill or uneven floor puts everyone’s safety at risk. If the restaurant fails to take reasonable steps to prevent injuries on the premises, they may be held liable for your injuries.
- The breach of duty resulted in harm: The final element of a slip-and-fall case is proving that the restaurant’s negligence caused your injuries. If the breach of duty of care resulted in significant damages, the victim might have grounds for a personal injury claim.
A skilled premises liability attorney can help you gather evidence to support your claim against a negligent restaurant. Your attorney will review the facts of the case to determine liability, the number of damages you are owed, and your best course of action moving forward.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Recover Through a Slip-And-Fall Claim
If you suffered an injury while dining at a poorly maintained restaurant, you should not be forced to finance your own recovery. The skilled premises liability attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe understand how challenging recovering from a severe injury can be and aim to do everything in our power to ease this process. Some of the damages we may be able to help you recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Significant disfigurement or disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Our highly-qualified attorneys will consider every detail of your case and advise you on which damages you may be eligible to collect based on the circumstances surrounding your case. We pride ourselves on taking a personalized approach to every case so that each client’s unique needs are heard and addressed.
Speak to a Skilled Premises Liability Lawyer at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe
If you were injured in a restaurant slip-and-fall accident, you might be feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and unsure of your next steps. At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, we find restaurant negligence unacceptable and are committed to aggressively advocating for victims’ rights. Our attorneys have a proven track record of successfully recovering the maximum amount of compensation possible for our clients, so they have the resources to rebuild their lives. To schedule a free consultation and learn more about how our skilled legal team can help you, give us a call at (866) 924-1787 or complete our contact form today.
For a free legal consultation, call 516-358-6900