If you are facing painful injuries after a bicycle accident on Long Island, you don’t have to shoulder the burden of your accident alone. We can talk to you about how to hold a liable driver or another party responsible. Whether you were hit while picking up dinner or biking to New Hyde Park’s Memorial Park, we can help.
The New Hyde Park bicycle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys will deal with the insurance company, file the paperwork, handle the negotiations, and more.
You Could Qualify to Seek Several Forms of Compensation After a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident
After a bicycle accident, every part of your life could be affected by your injuries. We will seek compensation for the full extent of your damages, including:
- Medical care (for emergency treatment, ongoing care, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and more)
- Property damages (e.g., your bicycle, electric bicycle accessories, helmet, cycling computer, and more)
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one to a bicycle accident)
When you work with our team, we will not only seek all damages for which you qualify. This includes the losses you already experienced and the damages you will face in the future.
You may expect to have medical costs for months or years to come, long-term challenges to your career, and other future hardships related to your injuries. We will calculate all these damages. Then, we will seek what you deserve from the insurance company.
A Lawyer From Our Team Can Help You Seek the Recovery You Need
Our lawyers will take care of all the legal details of your injury case so you can focus on your recovery. Let us handle:
- The phone calls with insurance companies
- The negotiations as we seek a settlement
- The evidence necessary to prove liability and your losses
- The pushback you may receive from the liable party’s insurance company
- Navigating your case based on New York and New Hyde Park laws
- Helping you meet the state’s statute of limitations deadline (CVP § 214)
Even seemingly straightforward injury cases can quickly become complex. We are familiar with the challenges common to cyclists who seek damages for their pain and losses – and we are ready to get to work for you.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Works to Get Results for Injured Bicyclists
When you choose a law firm, you want to know that your legal team knows how to handle your case. Our attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP have experience securing settlements for cyclists.
We won $175,000 for a bicycle accident in Queens. Our client was a cyclist with a fractured leg after an accident in Queens. He ran a red light upon entering the intersection, and as a result, the insurance company did not want to offer any compensation. Our team was able to secure $175,000 after building evidence for his case.
More Reasons to Choose Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, we bring personalized attention to each case. We also work to make your legal process as smooth as possible. You can expect:
- A free case review: Learn your legal options at no charge.
- Contingency-fee based representation: You don’t pay unless we win results for you.
- Richard Jaffe’s phone number: We make it easy to get answers to your questions from start to finish of your case.
- A meeting in your home or at the hospital, if needed. If you can’t travel to us, we can travel to you.
Frequently Asked Questions in New Hyde Park Bike Accident Cases
Our lawyers know that you likely have many questions. We are ready to help you get all the answers.
Can I Sue the Driver Who Caused My Bike Accident?
We are prepared to take your case to trial and file a civil lawsuit.
Typically, we will first investigate your case’s details and review your options. We may start by seeking an out-of-court settlement. This is often the most expedient path to resolving an injury case.
On the other hand, we may start by immediately filing suit and preparing evidence to present before a jury. This may be the best route for seeking the most compensation. When we walk into courtrooms on Long Island, we are familiar faces. We are ready to litigate for you.
Can I Be at Fault As a Bicyclist in an Accident?
Our team knows how to defend injured bicyclists against unfair allegations of fault. The liable party’s legal team may point fingers at you—but we will gather evidence to show that you deserve fair compensation.
If you have concerns about your share of fault for an accident, don’t rule out your chances of a recovery. We have experience getting results even when bicyclists admit partial fault for their accident. Let our team investigate your case and tell you how we can help.
How Much Can I Get in a Settlement?
This varies based on the details of your case. Some of the factors that may determine how much you receive include:
- Who is liable for your crash (e.g., a trucking company, a rideshare company’s insurance, or an individual driver)
- The severity of your injuries
- How seriously the injuries affected or are affecting your life and career
- The cost of your medical expenses (past, present, and future)
Our team will build a case to show that you deserve the best settlement or award possible.
What Should I Do to Prepare My Long Island Case?
By taking certain actions, you can lay a strong foundation for your injury case.
- Gather your own evidence file. If you called the police to the scene of the crash, collect a copy of the accident report from the Nassau County Police Department. Hang onto any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses, like for medical devices. If you have contact information for any witnesses to the accident, pass these on to your lawyer.
- Get the medical care you need. Taking care of your health is crucial after an accident. Additionally, your medical records will offer crucial evidence for your case. Get any care your doctors advise so that an insurance company will have limited grounds to challenge your case.
- Call our team. We can tell you much more about the compensation you can seek and how we can help. If you’re getting settlement offers from the liable party, we can help you determine if they’re fair. The call to us is free and comes with no obligation.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Your Free Case Review
Our attorneys understand Long Island bicycle accident cases. We will handle your injury case and help you begin the path to recovery. Call our team today to learn your options at no cost: (516) 358-6900.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.
Office InformationAddress Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
2001 Marcus Ave W295 New Hyde Park, NY 11042, USA