If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in such an accident, a Levittown bicycle accident lawyer at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can help you seek the compensation you need for your damages. Our approach to personal injury cases has secured millions of dollars in settlements for victims like you.
Call (516) 358-6900 to speak with a member of our team free of charge today.
How an Attorney Can Help After a Bicycle Accident
Many Levittown accident victims wonder if the cost of hiring an attorney is worth it for them after a bike accident. Not only can the benefit outweigh the cost in the end, but we also believe that legal representation is a right, not a privilege.
As such, we offer our services on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that our firm collects nothing until you receive your compensation.
An attorney from our team can oversee an investigation, collect evidence to support your claim, and present their findings to the liable insurance company. Additionally, we will keep you updated on the status of your case and explain whether any prospective settlement offers are fair.
Don’t leave your financial future and peace of mind up to an insurance adjuster. Let our team advocate for your legal rights throughout the duration of your case.
Services Our New York Law Firm Can Provide
The aftermath of a bicycle accident can be fraught with stress. Insurance companies may pressure you to settle quickly. The physical recovery from your injuries can impact your energy levels.
Medical expenses may pile up faster than you can pay them. All this can make figuring out how to act in your best interest confusing.
A lawyer from our team can assess your case and advise you on everything from finding a doctor to determining whether a proposed settlement will adequately cover your expenses.
Additionally, we will:
- Oversee an investigation into your accident to identify all parties responsible for the collision
- Handle all communication with the at-fault parties and their insurance providers
- Catalog all damages and calculate the value of all your losses
- Negotiate with insurance companies until a fair settlement can be agreed upon
- Litigate your case in front of a judge if an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation
Claiming Fair Compensation for Damages
Owing to the lack of physical protection cyclists are afforded in an accident, injuries in these cases can be extensive and costly. Our firm has fought for millions of dollars in settlements across the state.
Depending on the specifics of your case, our attorneys may be able to claim:
- Expenses related to present and future medical care
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Repair or replacement of your bicycle and any other personal property damaged in the accident
- Out-of-pocket costs associated with the aftermath of the collision
- Pain and suffering
If you’ve been the victim of a bicycle accident, call an attorney to speak with a member of our team for free. Call (516) 358-6900 to get started. We will review your case, answer any questions you have, and advise you on the next steps.
Determining Who Is Responsible for Your Accident
Establishing fault and building an effective case requires an understanding of the events leading up to the collision and the ability to consult with experts in related fields.
For example, we can help you identify whether one of the following circumstances led to your accident:
- A driver failed to check for cyclists while turning, switching lanes, opening their car door, or pulling out of a parking space.
- By following you too closely, a driver failed to give themselves enough time and space to avoid a collision when braking.
- A driver became distracted, was impaired, or behaved recklessly behind the wheel.
Potentially Liable Parties
Anyone who contributes to a collision that causes injuries or fatalities can be deemed responsible for the accident. As such, liable parties in your case could include:
- The driver who struck you
- Other bicyclists or pedestrians
- The employer of the driver who struck you (if the collision occurred while the driver was on the clock)
- Transit companies
- City and borough agencies
- Manufacturers of defective parts or vehicles
Your Statute of Limitations May Be Running Out
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is three years under New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (CVP) §214. While this might seem like more than enough time, the process can move slowly, and insurance adjusters are experts at stalling.
By calling our team today, you may be able to keep the state’s statute of limitations from expiring on your case before you are able to file.
Let Us Get Started on Your Case Today
Our attorneys share the same goal as you—securing justice for you and your family. A bicycle accident lawyer from our Levittown team can travel to you to avoid causing you any further stress. Call (516) 358-6900 today to speak with a member of the team and get started.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.