For many people, rideshare platforms like Uber and Lyft are a part of their everyday life. Whether Uber or Lyft is your main mode of transportation or a service you use occasionally, you should be safe using these rideshare platforms. However, just as is the case if you were to get behind the wheel of the vehicle yourself, there is a significant risk you face regarding the possibility of an accident occurring while in an Uber or Lyft. If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident in Hicksville, New York, you can pursue justice for your losses by filing a personal injury claim with the help of one of our Hicksville rideshare accident lawyers.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe is a New York law firm with experience handling a wide range of personal injury cases, including rideshare accidents. Our Hicksville, New York, Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys are equipped with the experience to help you build a strong personal injury case. The liable party in your case deserves to be held accountable for their negligent actions that led to your injuries. Our goal is to help you pursue fair compensation and justice.
How to Prove Liability in a Hicksville Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Claim
One of the first steps you should take after you decide to file a rideshare accident personal injury claim is to identify who is liable for your injuries. Many different parties could be liable for your accident. Some of the most common parties that are found to be liable for Uber and Lyft rideshare accidents in Hicksville, New York, are as follows:
- The rideshare driver
- Another driver who hit the vehicle you were in
- The rideshare company that hired the driver
Regardless of who is found to be responsible for your accident, it is crucial that you are able to prove their liability. Proving liability in a personal injury claim is vital to the overall success of a case. To prove liability for your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, you will need to collect evidence of the four factors of negligence. The four factors of negligence include the following:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The liable party breached the duty of care owed to you
- The breach in duty of care led to the accident that caused your injuries
- You suffered a loss as a result
To get help collecting the vital evidence for your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, contact one of our Hicksville, New York, rideshare accident attorneys today. We can assist you in collecting the necessary evidence by launching an investigation into your case and reviewing the specific details of what occurred.
Damages You May Be Eligible for After an Uber or Lyft Accident in Hicksville, New York
If you have suffered injuries in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft, you may be left with serious losses as you try to heal from your injuries. To help you recover from the losses you have experienced, you may be eligible to collect damages after filing a New York personal injury claim. The damages you may be eligible to retain after your Uber or Lyft rideshare accident include the following:
- Medical expenses: After being injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, victims may incur costly medical bills due to their injuries and recovery process. Victims should be compensated for the costs associated with their medical expenses.
- Lost wages: New York rideshare accident victims should be compensated for all present and future lost wages they have suffered as they recover from the incident.
- Property damages: Victims of Uber or Lyft rideshare accidents should be compensated for the cost to repair or replace any damaged property.
- Pain and suffering: Victims of Uber or Lyft accidents in Hicksville, New York, should receive compensation for the physical and mental pain and suffering they have endured due to the negligent party’s actions.
To discuss how much you may be owed in compensation for your personal injury claim following an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, one of our Hicksville Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can help by reviewing your unique case.
Get Help From a Hicksville, NY Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, our team of Hicksville rideshare accident lawyers helps clients get justice after suffering an injury in an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident in Hicksville, New York. Our goal is to provide you with the support, guidance, and legal expertise to help you hold the liable party responsible for their actions.
To get help with your personal injury claim, contact our New York firm at 516-358-6900 or complete our contact form today. You can also subscribe to our Cohen & Jaffe YouTube Channel to stay up to date on any laws that may impact your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident injury case.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-358-6900