Tap to Call Directions

I was hurt in a car accident and I think the other driver was at fault. What should I do?

One of the first things to do after a car accident is to report it to the police and then to your insurance company. Because New York is a no-fault insurance state, your insurance carrier is required to pay you for your losses no matter who caused the accident. In some cases you may also seek compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurer, particularly if the accident has resulted in permanent injuries, scarring and disfigurement, or the death of a loved one.

An experienced New York car accident lawyer can help you file such a legal claim. Even obtaining an appropriate settlement from your insurance company will be more likely if a car accident attorney represents you.

Posted in: Car Accident FAQs