Personal injury cases, handled personally. That’s the mission of the Long Island personal injury attorneys at The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. Our firm provides personalized legal services in a wide variety of personal injury and employment discrimination claims.
Our attorneys take a comprehensive approach to our clients’ cases. We provide assistance that goes above and beyond simply handling a claim. Our legal services include assisting with our clients’ pressing needs, such as securing proper medical treatment, finding transportation, paying bills and holding onto jobs.
Known for aggressive and effective representation of our clients, The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe provides the compassionate attention and support that only a small law firm can deliver. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, we are proud of the results we have obtained for our clients. Law partners Stephen Cohen and Richard Jaffe have secured millions of dollars in compensation for clients over their years of practice.
To discuss your situation with an attorney in a free, confidential and no-obligation consultation, call us now or fill out our online contact form.
Our Practice Areas
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe pursues maximum compensation on behalf of people who have been hurt in accidents caused by the wrongdoing of others on Long Island and throughout the New York metro area. We also represent hardworking people who have suffered unfair treatment on the job.
Our main practice areas include:
- Personal Injury – Serious personal injuries can change a person’s life in the blink of an eye. Victims may be entitled to substantial compensation from the at-fault parties responsible for their injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries, bone fractures and neck and back injuries are just a few examples of the kinds of injury claims our firm handles. We also pursue damages for our clients’ emotional injuries, such as pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Traffic accidents are an all-too-common occurrence on Long Island. Many of these crashes cause serious injuries or even death. Our firm represents victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents, including those that involve cars, heavy trucks, buses, subways, taxis, bicycles, motorcycles and boats.
- Medical Malpractice – Nothing is more devastating than negligent harm that results from medical care that was supposed to make you better. Our firm works to hold health-care providers accountable for avoidable medical errors. Examples of the types of medical malpractice cases we handle include birth injuries, surgical errors, medication errors and diagnosis errors.
- Construction Accidents – Construction work is the most dangerous profession when it comes to on-the-job injuries and deaths. Labor laws in New York provide strong protections for the hardworking men and women who build our towns and cities. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe works hard to secure maximum compensation for people who have been hurt in construction accidents on Long Island and throughout the New York metro area.
- Cruise Line Negligence – Cruises are meant to be a way to get away from it all and enjoy a relaxing vacation. Unfortunately, when cruise lines fail to take reasonable steps to ensure passenger safety, a pleasure trip can turn into a painful experience. Our lawyers work to hold cruise lines and other responsible parties accountable for injuries that result from negligence, including falls, assaults and illnesses.
- Premises Liability Accidents – Property owners, renters, landlords and other responsible parties owe a duty to make sure their buildings, parking lots, walkways and other facilities are reasonably safe. When someone gets hurt on someone else’s property in an accident caused by an unsafe condition, our attorneys work to secure full and fair compensation for the victim. Examples of premises liability claims include those involving falls, dog bites, faulty elevators, negligent security and dangerous swimming pools.
- Workplace Accidents – Most people who suffer on-the-job injuries on Long Island and throughout New York are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. This form of compensation is supposed to be paid without consideration of fault. However, many injured workers face obstacles when seeking the benefits they deserve. Our lawyers help remove those barriers, while also seeking out any potential third-party injury claims that an injured worker may be able to pursue for additional compensation.
- Wrongful Death – Some tragic accidents take the lives of a victim, leaving behind a family that must face financial uncertainty while struggling with the grief of losing a loved one. New York law allows certain relatives to recover compensation from the responsible parties through a wrongful death claim if an accident proves fatal. At Cohen & Jaffe, we pursue wrongful death claims on behalf of surviving family members in cases involving a wide variety of accidents.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Families trust nursing homes and other long-term care facilities to provide a safe place for their loved ones who are no longer to take care of themselves. Sadly, many nursing home residents face neglect and abuse at the hands of the people who are charged with their care. Our firm helps victims of nursing home abuse and neglect hold wrongdoers accountable by seeking maximum compensation for victims.
- Employment Law – Federal law and New York state law provide strong protections against workplace discrimination. Unfortunately, many hardworking men and women still face unfair treatment on the job. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe stands up for workers in cases that involve, for example, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, FLSA violations and others.
Let Us Put Our Experience to Work for You
Contact The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, today to find out how we can help you. Call us now or fill out our online contact form for a free claim review and initial consultation. We will respond to you immediately. We can even visit you at your home, workplace or in the hospital if you prefer.