Truck accidents cause serious injury and death at an alarming rate. As a result, you may have significant losses, and a lawyer from our team can seek full coverage for those losses.
A New York truck accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is ready to assist you. Our goals are the same as yours: putting your life back together, starting with the recovery you deserve.
How the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Can Help After a New York Truck Accident
Every client has different needs, but most clients hire us to:
- Investigate their truck accident: The complex nature of large trucks makes an investigation complicated. Our firm will take the time and resources necessary to investigate your truck accident properly.
- Gather and preserve sensitive evidence: We’ll seek video footage, witness accounts, and other evidence to build your case. We may also obtain data from a truck’s black box, dashboard camera footage, and other data from the truck.
- Identify and calculate their losses: The valuation of losses is a critical part of any truck accident case. If you fail to account for every loss, then the victim may have to pay out-of-pocket for certain damages. We’ll take a careful approach when identifying and calculating your damages.
- Handle the insurance companies and other attorneys: Insurance companies don’t always have your best interests at heart—they represent themselves. Attorneys for defendants in your case definitely don’t have your best interests in mind. We’ll deal with these parties so they don’t violate your rights.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: We won’t just accept the first offer we get. We will only accept a settlement if it covers your losses.
When necessary, we take clients’ cases to trial. Though a trial is not generally necessary in civil cases, we’re prepared for all possible outcomes.
Notable Reasons to Choose the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
Our client testimonials are a point of pride:
- “Should I ever require legal assistance in the future, I will not hesitate to engage the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP. Nor would I hesitate to recommend them to anyone who would require legal services. In my mind, this firm has managed to defy all the negative sentiment many hold towards those in the personal injury profession.” – Mary, former client
- “I’m pretty particular at selecting trusted business advisors, and when it comes to attorneys I have to know I have the best. Too much is at stake. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP is the best. I wouldn’t have anyone but them as my attorneys! They know their stuff – and aren’t afraid to use it.” – David, former client
These are two of many positive reviews we’ve received from our clients. We aim for every client to have such excellent experiences. A New York truck accident attorney from our team will go the extra mile for you.
What Losses Can You Recover Compensation for?
Large trucks weigh as much as 30 times more than passenger vehicles, per the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Being struck by such a large vehicle can have serious psychological, physiological, and emotional consequences.
If you’re a truck accident victim in New York, you may receive coverage for:
Your Pain and Suffering
Injury pain, psychological trauma, and emotional anguish generally qualify as pain and suffering. Diminished quality of life, lost sleep, and other problems may also entitle you to compensation.
Medical Diagnosis, Treatment, and Rehabilitation
Covered medical expenses may include:
- Ambulance transport
- Doctors’ visits
- Medical imaging
We’ll seek coverage if you have any other accident-related medical costs, and we’ll aim to cover any future medical care you’ll require.
Short- and Long-Term Professional Losses
Injuries may affect you professionally by:
- Depriving you of your usual wages
- Causing you to reduce your working hours
- Causing permanent disability (and resulting financial losses)
- Preventing you from earning bonuses and retirement benefits
- Causing you to miss promotion opportunities
- Requiring you to change professions
These sorts of losses can cause you substantial hardship. We’ll include your professional losses in your lawsuit or insurance claim.
Damage to your vehicle, cell phone, and other personal property are recoverable damages. Liable parties may cover the repair or replacement of all damaged property.
A Wrongful Death
You may have lost a spouse, a parent, financial protection, and much more when your loved one passed away. We’ll seek an appropriate settlement or judgment based on your losses.
A Trucking Company May Be Liable for Your Losses
If a truck driver caused your accident, then their employer may be liable. Trucking companies can also contribute to accidents by:
- Hiring unfit drivers
- Failing to monitor drivers closely – for drug use, alcohol use, rules violations, and dangerous driving
- Failing to provide and service safe trucks
- Failing to properly train drivers
Truckers and trucking companies aren’t always liable. A city or the state of New York may be liable for dangerous road conditions. A mechanic may be liable for shoddy work that causes an accident. Manufacturers may be responsible for defects.
Our team will get to the bottom of your accident. We’ll aim to hold all liable parties financially accountable.
Don’t Wait to Hire Our Team – We May Have a Limited Time to File Your Case
CVP § 214 generally allows you three years to file your personal injury case. If you need to file a wrongful death case, then EPT § 5-4.1 generally affords you two years to file. These timeframes may seem long, but it takes time to file a case. The sooner you hire our team, the sooner we’ll protect your right to seek compensation.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP for Your FREE Consultation
We help truck accident victims throughout New York seek justice. An attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will protect your rights and seek a fair settlement. We offer a No Fee Promise – if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a penny.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for your FREE consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving New York, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.