Scooters allow for a fun and environmentally friendly way to get around. Long Island residents may even be more inclined to choose traveling by electric scooter over a motor vehicle to save on the cost of transportation. Despite the convenience of this mode of traveling, e-scooters also come with serious risks. Pedestrians and riders are more likely to be injured in congested areas and, as a result, incur damages related to costly medical expenses and lost wages.
If someone else’s negligence caused an electric scooter accident that led to your significant injuries, speak with an experienced Long Island electric scooter accident lawyer at Cohen & Jaffe for a comprehensive assessment of your claim. We fight for your legal right to maximum compensation and to hold the negligent party responsible for the harm they caused.
How the Long Island Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers at Cohen & Jaffe Can Help Your Claim
At Cohen & Jaffe, we prioritize your well-being and fight for the compensation you deserve if you have been significantly injured due to someone else’s negligence in an electric scooter accident. We take a comprehensive approach to investigating your claim, gathering necessary evidence, and determining liability so that you may obtain the resources for a complete recovery.
The Long Island electric scooter accident lawyers at Cohen & Jaffe can help you claim by:
- Utilizing our century of collective experience to understand the strengths and obstacles of your claim and strategize a path forward to a successful outcome.
- Securing millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for victims affected by negligence.
- Ensuring you work directly with law partners Richard Jaffe and Stephen Cohen for comprehensive, compassionate representation.
- Managing and resolving issues such as finding physicians and negotiating with insurance adjusters.
- Use our skilled EMT training to evaluate the extent of your injuries and how much your claim may be worth.
- Make arrangements to visit your location if you can’t make it to our office.
At Cohen & Jaffe, we utilize all of our resources to ensure that you obtain the compassionate and comprehensive representation necessary to support your recovery and right to compensation after a significant Long Island electric scooter accident.
Liability in a Long Island Electric Scooter Accident
Long Island electric scooter accidents may result from the actions of one or more individuals that violate their lawful duty of care. Parties may include negligent motorists, the electric scooter company, scooter manufacturers, or other parties that contributed to your injuries.
In order to determine liability, a Long Island personal injury lawyers must determine fault by evaluating the following evidence:
- Looking for essential information in the police report
- Questioning witnesses and obtaining testimony
- Evaluating road conditions and other external factors
- Examining photos and videos of the accident scene, including traffic light footage
- Working with expert collision reconstruction specialists
- Collecting your medical records and treatment plan
- Acquiring wage statements for lost wages due to injury
- Working with field experts to obtain expert testimony
We help you determine liability and the value of the award you are owed by assessing all pertinent details of your claim and working to build a solid case on your behalf. We are well-versed in the complexities of proving negligence in an electric scooter accident claim and will navigate negotiations with insurance adjusters and other essential parties.
Damages Recoverable in a Long Island Electric Scooter Accident
The monetary compensation you are owed is dependent on the severity of the electric scooter accident and the extent of your injuries. Another element that may determine your award is the contributory negligence law that acknowledges that there may be more than one party at-fault for an accident. If you are found to be at fault by a specific percentage, you award recovery diminished by the degree of fault for the accident.
At Cohen & Jaffe, we fight for the maximum compensation you deserve for the damages you incurred due to someone else’s negligence.
The following are recoverable damages in a Long Island electric scooter accident:
- Medical expenses and future medical treatment
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering losses
- Ongoing or assisted care
- Diminished earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
Electric scooter accidents may leave you with severe injuries that impact your ability to participate in the same activities you used to enjoy. You shouldn’t have to assume the burden of covering expenses for an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. At Cohen & Jaffe, we fight for the damages you are owed so you can focus on your recovery.
Speak With the Experienced Long Island Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers at Cohen & Jaffe Today
If you have been significantly harmed due to an electric scooter accident in Long Island, we are here to handle the details of your claim, so you don’t have to fight alone for the compensation you deserve. At Cohen & Jaffe, we have a century of combined experience, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for victims affected by negligence.
At Cohen & Jaffe, we offer comprehensive legal guidance throughout the claims process and advise you on the best legal options available so you may obtain the maximum compensation you are owed. Schedule a free consultation at (866) 924-1787 or fill out our contact form.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.