Tap to Call Directions

I’m afraid of filing a complaint for fear of losing my job, or being retaliated against at work. If I quit, can I collect unemployment?

You may very well be able to collect unemployment compensation if you voluntarily quit your job due to being a victim of sexual harassment. The law provides for those who must quit their jobs for “good cause” to collect unemployment benefits.

The best course of action to take would be to consult with a New York employment law attorney first, so that you can have some peace of mind knowing that you can leave your job and collect unemployment benefits while the sexual harassment case is pursued on your behalf.

If you believe that you are being sexually harassed by a co-worker or employer at work, or even after work hours, please contact the law offices of Cohen & Jaffe LLP today for a free consultation.

Posted in: Employment Law FAQs