Tap to Call Directions

What should I do if my employer has violated the FLSA?

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) protects workers from various types of unfair treatment by employers related to minimum wages, overtime pay, recordkeeping, child labor, family leave and medical leave, protections for migrant workers, guest workers, construction contracts and other similar work-related issues. If your employer has failed to pay you as promised, fails to pay you extra wages for overtime, or designates you as an independent contractor when you are actually an employee, you may have the right to file a claim. Your first step is to connect with an attorney who can review your situation and advise you about how to pursue the money you are owed. In many cases, your attorney fees are paid upon winning the case, and it is well worth your while to get professional counsel to assist you.

Posted in: Employment Law FAQs