While accidents are often a part of everyday life, this does not mean that you should have to pay for them. So-called “accidents” are often caused by negligence, otherwise known as “carelessness.” The negligent party may be legally responsible for paying for the harm they caused you.
If another person’s negligence causes you harm, the Lynbrook personal injury lawyers from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can help determine if you have a viable claim. Contact our team at (516) 358-6900 to learn more.
Types of Cases We Handle:
Our lawyers are equipped to tackle cases involving:
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lynbrook, call 516-358-6900
Every day, New Yorkers are injured in motor vehicle accidents caused by careless or reckless driving, such as:
- Distracted driving – According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving was responsible for 2,841 deaths in 2018. Distracted driving involves anything that takes a driver away from the task of driving.
- Impaired driving – Driving after drinking can impair a person’s judgment and motor skills.
- Speeding – Speeding can make it harder to control a vehicle and more likely for severe injuries or death to occur due to the force of impact.
- Following too closely – When a driver follows too closely behind another vehicle, he or she increases the likelihood of an accident due to there not being enough time to stop to avoid the collision.
- Not obeying traffic rules – Running red lights or stop signs, failing to yield, or otherwise not following other traffic rules can also result in car accidents.
Lynbrook Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-358-6900
Because commercial trucks are big and heavy and may carry dangerous materials, there are strict rules that regulate:
- The on-the-job training that drivers must have
- When drivers must be tested for drug or alcohol impairment
- How many hours truck drivers can work after taking a break
- The condition the truck must be in before embarking on a trip
If you are injured at work, you may have a viable workers’ compensation claim. Our Lynbrook personal injury lawyers can assist you. We can also analyze whether you have a third-party claim. One industry that often involves third-party claims is the construction industry.
Workers may be injured on the job due to negligent actions of other companies, such as in accidents involving:
- Falling objects
- Scaffolding accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Crane accidents
- Crushing accidents
- Defective products
- Toxic exposure
Call our team at (516) 358-6900. A representative from the Law Office of Cohen and Jaffe can discuss your options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Defective Drug Cases
If you were prescribed a medication that has caused you harm or dangerous side effects that you were not informed of, you may be able to pursue a defective drug claim against the manufacturer.
Nursing Home Abuse
Understaffed nursing homes may ignore red flags that their staff is abusing or neglecting patients, such as:
- Unexplained physical injuries
- Sudden changes in personality
- Poor hygiene or grooming
- Overuse of medication
- Reports of violence or intimidation
- Instances of wandering or elopement
- The occurrence of pressure sores
Premises liability holds negligent property owners responsible for accidents where unsuspecting victims are injured on a person’s property. These can include:
- Slip and falls
- Swimming pool injuries
- Dog bites
- Elevator accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Negligent security assaults
Injuries Involved in Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury accidents in Lynbrook can result in various types of injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Arm injuries
- Leg injuries
- Chest injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Psychological injuries
These injuries can be mild. However, for many personal injury victims, their lives are never the same after sustaining a serious injury.
Our lawyers work closely with accident victims and will serve as their advocates throughout their case. We handle communication with the insurance company and all the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Possible Damages Involved in Personal Injury Claims
Tort law allows the victims of personal injury accidents to pursue compensation for the damages that they sustained due to another party’s negligence. Damages are determined on a case-by-case basis but often include:
You may be able to be reimbursed for payments you made for medical expenses stemming from the accident, including emergency treatment, hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, assistive devices, rehabilitation services, and physical therapy. This element of damages includes past and future medical expenses.
If the injury made you miss work, you may be able to receive compensation for your lost wages, even if you received some of your pay from sick leave or paid time off. Additionally, you may be able to receive compensation if your earning capacity was reduced due to the accident.
You may also be able to receive compensation for the costs to repair or replace your vehicle.
Pain and Suffering
In addition to damages that are tied directly to economic losses, you may also be able to recover compensation for the pain and suffering you sustained.
Our personal injury attorneys will work diligently to gather evidence to support your claim. Contact us to learn more about the potential value of your losses.
Contact Our Team to Learn More
If you suffered an injury in a personal injury accident, the Lynbrook personal injury lawyers from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can explain your legal rights and options. You can call us at (516) 358-6900 to receive a free consultation.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not charge any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your claim. Call us today to learn more about how to get your claim started.