Someone else may have caused your injuries either directly or indirectly—and in either case, they could be liable for your compensation. A Levittown personal injury lawyer from our team could do everything you need to seek fair recovery for your medical costs, pain and suffering, and other losses.
As you consider your next steps after an injury, keep in mind that you can work with us based on contingency fees. This means that you owe us no legal fees upfront in order to get started with your case. We only win if you do—meaning that we only receive payment if we secure a settlement or an award for you.
You May Be Eligible to Seek Compensation
Whether you were injured after a fall on a slippery floor or in a major car accident with a drunk driver, we can help you seek the compensation you need to pay for your losses. Depending on your situation, you may be able to pursue more money than you realize.
When we fight for your case, we will take both past and future accident-related expenses into account. We will work to seek every available dollar needed for a fair recovery.
You could seek a recovery for the following forms of damages:
- Past and future medical costs: This could include everything from the initial emergency room visit that followed your incident to the final rehabilitation treatments needed to get you back to full function. Eligible expenses that could be reimbursed include medications, doctors’ visits, medical assistive equipment, surgeries, therapy, and more.
- Past and future income losses: You may have been unable to return to work immediately after an accident, and this could have come with a high price tag in lost earnings. What’s more, you could be prevented from fully returning to work in the future. We can include all of these income losses in your case value.
- Past and future pain and suffering: You could also be compensated for your challenges after an accident. If your injuries were especially painful or had a major impact on your life, we can place a number on this suffering and fight for your compensation.
How Much Is Your Case Worth?
You don’t have to guess what your case could be worth. We can take a look at all of your medical costs, consider the seriousness of your injuries, and determine when you may be able to work again in order to arrive at the value of your case.
Those with major injuries and losses can often seek more compensation accordingly, but don’t let that deter you from considering a claim or lawsuit. Even seemingly moderate injuries may have led to significant costs and losses in your life. We once secured $1 million for a woman injured in a rear-end collision, suffering knee and back injuries that led to painful complications.
We can help you determine what you may qualify to seek and the forms of action that are right for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-358-6900
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
A Levittown personal injury lawyer on our team can help you after many different injuries and accidents at our firm.
We can serve you if you’ve been harmed in the following situations:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Construction accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Child injury
- Medical malpractice
Levittown Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-358-6900
How We Can Help You File a Claim or Lawsuit
We realize that you may have enough to focus on as you recover from your injuries after an accident. You don’t have to file paperwork, pick up phone calls from insurance companies, or respond to their requests for statements about your accident.
We can deal with every part of a claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We want to ensure that every aspect of your case is handled so that your fair recovery chances are optimal.
Gather Evidence of Your Losses
A key step in any personal injury claim is gathering evidence to show that several elements were present in your case:
- Someone owed you a duty of care.
- That person failed to uphold their duty of care to you.
- You were harmed in the process.
- You suffered losses as a result.
We can help you gather the evidence necessary to show that someone else should be held responsible for your injuries.
Identify a Liable Party or Parties
Here is an interesting aspect of your personal injury case: You may be able to hold more than one party accountable for your losses. Additionally, the liable party may not be the person who actually caused your accident. This is where we can help.
We can help you clarify any questions that you have about liability and go after the appropriate party in your case.
Negligence has a simple definition. Essentially, it means that someone didn’t behave with care as another reasonable person would have behaved in the same situation. New York’s contributory negligence doctrine states that your compensation could be reduced according to your degree of fault for the accident.
This doctrine is further detailed in CVP §1411. We can use evidence to prove that you were harmed by someone else, however, and that they were solely liable for your harm.
Communicate With Insurance Companies
One of the ways that clients can face the most difficulty in their case is when it is time to seek a fair settlement from an insurance company. The evidence in your case may be compelling and clear to you, but you could be dealing with an insurance company that wants to deny your claim or offer you less than you deserve.
Use Our Understanding of State and Local Law for Your Best Outcome
There are potentially many other laws that could impact your case. This could include the state’s statutes of limitations for personal injury cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and more.
For instance, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in New York (CVP §214) means that:
- You only have three years to file a lawsuit after a personal injury accident.
- If you do not file within this timeframe, you may be unable to seek damages.
- It is often helpful to start your case early in order to begin gathering the most compelling evidence, as witness statements are fresh in mind right after an accident.
We can ensure your case complies with any important state laws or deadline, as long as you contact our office in time.
The Attorneys at the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Can Help Fight for You
You don’t have to wait to seek help for your case. A Levittown personal injury lawyer on our team can get started working for you with no upfront fees required.
Call a representative from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP to learn more and to begin seeking justice today. Your case review is free. Dial (516) 358-6900.