Auto Accident Attorney Serving Long Island, NY
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe LLP, we help people who have been injured in auto accidents caused by the negligence of others. We pursue the compensation victims need and deserve. Our experienced Long Island accident attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience with personal injury claims, and we have successfully handled thousands of New York traffic accident cases.
Personal injury, handled personally. Contact us today for a free consultation with proven injury attorneys. We handle accidents on Long Island and across New York City.
Types of Auto Accidents We Handle
Traffic crashes happen in many different ways, for different reasons, in a range of circumstances, involving different types of vehicles. Our experienced Long Island car accident lawyers understand that each accident is unique. We know the right questions to ask and the right steps to take to build a case for recovery of maximum compensation for our clients’ losses.
We handle all types of auto accident cases, including the following:
- Car Accidents: The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) reports 124,505 non-fatal injury traffic crashes in New York in a single recent year. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries, lost wages and other damages.
- Truck Accidents: Collisions with large commercial trucks can cause serious injuries to passenger vehicle occupants. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need a lawyer who understands the complex legal issues that are frequently involved in truck accident claims.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Bikers lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle and often suffer serious injuries in traffic crashes. Drivers of other vehicles often cause accidents when they fail to “see” motorcycles. This is not an excuse, and motorcyclists have the same rights as other motorists.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists have a right to share the road, but they are often injured in accidents caused by careless drivers of motor vehicles. The DMV reports 6,328 New York bicycle accidents in a single recent year. These accidents often result in serious injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are completely unprotected in traffic crashes with vehicles. In a single recent year, there were 344 pedestrians killed and 16,278 injured in pedestrian/motor vehicle accidents in New York.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents: Large commercial vans and other vehicles can cause serious damage in accidents with smaller passenger vehicles. Our firm has significant experience handling this type of accident.
- Emergency Vehicle Accidents: Even when they are speeding to the scene of an emergency, drivers of emergency service vehicles are required by law to show due regard for other motorists on the road. When they fail to do so and cause accidents and injuries, our firm can help.
- Bus Accidents: We have decades of experience handling personal injury cases, including bus accidents. Our lawyers understand the special factors involved in this type of case.
- Subway Accidents: Any victim of a subway accident involving any vehicle owned and operated by the New York Transit Authority must file a notice of claim within 90 days of the accident, or the claim may be denied. If you have been injured in such an accident, contact our experienced New York personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
- ATV Accidents: If you or your child has been injured in an ATV accident caused by vehicle defects or negligence, our firm can help.
- Boating Accidents: Alcohol consumption, carelessness and negligence can cause boating accidents, just as they cause motor vehicle accidents on land. Our knowledgeable accident lawyers help injured victims of boating accidents.
- Distracted Driver Accidents: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving contributed to an estimated 421,000 traffic crash injuries in one recent year. Distracted driving takes many forms, including texting and cell phone use. It is considered a form of driver negligence.
- Hit and Run Accidents: If you have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident, you still have rights, and our firm may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Even if the at-fault driver is never found, you may still be entitled to compensation through your auto policy’s uninsured motorist coverage.
- Drunk Driver Accidents: Victims injured in accidents caused by drunk drivers may be entitled to additional compensation. Contact our firm for a free case evaluation if you have been hurt in an accident caused by an impaired driver.
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end collisions are common in heavy traffic. In fact, they are the most common type of accident. Injuries that may seem minor at the time of the accident could have long-term consequences. Seek medical attention and consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
- Rollover Accidents: If you have been injured in a rollover accident, you may have a claim against the vehicle manufacturer, as well as any at-fault drivers. Our firm can investigate your accident to determine how it happened and who should be held accountable.
- Taxi Cab Accidents: Our firm has substantial experience and we can provide effective representation in complex New York taxi cab accident cases.
- Truck Jackknifing: When a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler jackknifes on the road, it can cause accidents and injuries for other motorists. When you work with our firm after such an accident, we will pursue full compensation on your behalf.
Long Island Car Accident Lawyer Providing Legal Help for Accident Victims
At the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP, our dedicated legal team has decades of experience helping people who have been injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents. Our goal is to help our clients obtain the compensation they need for a full recovery.
If you have been injured or have lost a lost a loved one in any type of traffic crash, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Contact our Long Island car accident attorneys today for an immediate free case evaluation.
- Department of Motor Vehicles: 2013 Statewide Statistical Summary
- NHTSA: What Is Distracted Driving?