The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP has over 100 years of combined experience. When you partner with our firm, you don’t just get a lawyer; you get our insight, client-based service, and network of resources.
A Hicksville personal injury lawyer from our team is ready to pursue compensation for your losses. In the past, we’ve secured multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients. We’re ready to break ground on your case today.
Our New York Law Firm Manages the Following Practice Areas
Below are just some of our legal practice areas:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability incidents
- Workplace accidents
- Child injuries
- Dangerous drug cases
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Defective product cases
- Wrongful death cases
We offer free case reviews to New Yorkers interested in learning about their options. During this conversation, we can review the aspects of your case and outline a plan of action. There’s no obligation to partner with our firm; it is simply an opportunity to explore which legal routes you can take.
Prompt Legal Action Benefits Your Case
There’s a host of legal deadlines surrounding your case. The statute of limitations is the most important one. This law outlines how long you have to file your lawsuit. Depending on the facts of your case, one or more of the following deadlines could apply to you:
- CVP § 214 sets the statute of limitations for most injury cases at three years, starting from the date of the incident.
- EPTL § 5-4.1 grants you two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, beginning from the date of your loved one’s passing.
- CVP § 214-A applies to medical malpractice cases. You generally have two years and six months from the date of the error to file a lawsuit. However, this deadline also depends on when you “discovered” your injuries.
Your injury lawyer in Hicksville can assess your case to determine what deadlines apply to you.
We Will Seek These Losses Following Your Hickville Accident
The value of your case depends on the severity of your injuries, the nature of your accident, and your quality of life. We will use billing statements, receipts, and invoices to learn about your economic damages. We will assess your mobility and mental health to evaluate your non-economic damages.
Examples of compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost income, tips, commissions, and performances
- Lost bonuses and employee benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Assistive devices, like wheelchairs and crutches
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We Will Consider the Following Factors when Calculating Your Case’s Value
Many times, prospective clients will call and ask about the values of their cases. Each time, we say the same thing: “We can’t estimate the value of your case without first reviewing your situation.”
We will consider the following elements when exploring the value of your case:
- Your mobility
- Your missed time from work and your ability to work
- The cost of your economic losses, such as your medical bills and lost income
- The medical treatment you required
- Your prognosis and diagnosis
- Your mental health
The insurer may have already calculated the value of your case. Yet, keep in mind that the insurer’s goal is to sell policies and limit claims. So, its assessment may not be accurate. Rest assured that we will also calculate your case’s value so that we can fight for a fair settlement offer.
Our Previous Case Results Attest to Our Experience and Commitment
When we say that we’re committed to your case’s outcome, you don’t have to take our word for it. We’ve secured results that speak for themselves. Some of our previous outcomes include:
- We recovered $1 million for our client who suffered harm in a rear-end accident. The defense attorneys refused to pay anything, arguing that our client wasn’t seriously injured – despite them needed multiple surgeries to recover. We took a hard stance and settled the case.
- We secured $1 million for a motorcycle who required femur surgery after another motorist cut in front of them.
- We won $1.2 million for our client’s child who suffered a fractured skull in a two-car collision.
What You Can Expect From Your Injury Lawyer in Hicksville
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP strives to help injured claimants recover damages. With our firm on your side, you can expect the following:
We Provide Prompt Communication
You won’t play phone tag with our team. We respond to all calls within 24 hours. We also provide partner Richard S. Jaffe’s personal cell phone number.
We Work on Contingency
It costs you nothing up front to hire our team. We work on contingency; we finance all of your case’s courtroom, consulting, and filing fees on your behalf. Then, if we win your case, payment for our help comes from your settlement.
You will know everything about our terms of payment when you partner with us.
We Will Investigate Your Injury Case
We will gather evidence to prove the value of your damages and the cause of your accident. Pieces of evidence in your case may comprise:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Camera recordings
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Your injury-related billing statements and receipts
- Testimony from third-party field experts, like medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
When building your case, your lawyer wants to prove that another party’s actions caused your injuries. We may utilize other information than the items listed above.
We Will Communicate with the Liable Insurance Company
You don’t have to worry about answering phone calls or emails from the liable insurance company. Your lawyer will do all those things for you. Additionally, they will review the applicable policy, compile evidence to calculate your losses, and negotiate a settlement that reflects your needs.
Our New York Law Firm Is Ready to Build Your Case Now
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP has a team of lawyers serving Hicksville who is ready to fight for you. Don’t be nervous about your first case review; it is your chance to explore your options with a compassionate member of our team.
Dial (516) 358-6900 to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.