If you suffered injuries due to the negligence of another party in Great Neck, you might be entitled to compensation. A lawyer from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can provide personal injury representation during this stressful time in your life.
You could have been seriously injured. Your case may qualify for compensation. The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Team Handles
Depending on the facts of your case, the party responsible for your injuries may be facing criminal charges. However, their criminal case has no bearing on your ability to recover damages via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Liability for your damages may lie with one or more parties. We can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability. Our team will work to achieve the best outcome possible.
Some examples of personal injury cases that our team handles include:
The sudden shock of a car accident and its resulting aftermath can turn your world upside down. Recovering from serious injuries can cause you to miss significant time from work and face overwhelming medical costs. Your lawyer can itemize the cost of your car accident-related damages and work to recover a settlement on your behalf. They can also determine how your collision happened.
Your lawyer may determine that one or more factors played a role in your accident:
- Intoxicated driving
- Road rage
- Distracted driving, such as talking on the phone or texting
- Driving drowsy due to an undiagnosed sleep disorder or a lack of rest
This is not a complete list of how car accidents occur in New York. If your injuries are due to another party’s negligence, your lawyer can protect your best interests. We can negotiate with the liable insurer or take your case to court, if necessary.
Slip and Fall Accidents
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that slip and fall accidents cause 800,000 hospitalizations a year. When another party willingly allows guests onto their property, they must take certain precautions to keep visitors from getting hurt.
Some elements that can contribute to a slip and fall accident include:
- Stairways with no handrails
- Wet floors
- Cords across floors
- Torn carpeting
- Poor lighting
- Poorly maintained parking lots or sidewalks
To prove negligence, we must demonstrate that the owner knew of a potential hazard on their property but did not fix it.
Other Types of Personal Injury Cases
Collisions and slip and fall accidents are just two types of cases our team manages for our clients.
Other types of personal injury cases that we handle include:
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect incidents
The trauma associated with any personal injury case can leave you with physical and emotional impairments. For some accident victims, their injuries may prevent them from returning to their careers or participating in activities they once enjoyed.
If another party is responsible for your personal injuries and associated financial damages, you have legal recourse options. Your lawyer in Great Neck can go over these with you.
Your Lawyer Is Ready to Take on the tasks Your Case Requires
Personal injury cases can have many moving parts. However, we are familiar with the process and laws your case will require. We can help you by:
- Investigating the circumstances of the accident
- Evaluating the cost of your damages
- Gathering evidence
- Answering your questions
- Presenting your case to the liable insurance company
- Fighting for a fair settlement
- Providing you with advice
- Protecting your rights
- Keeping you updated about case developments
- Explaining your legal options
- Filing a lawsuit in court, if necessary
Establishing Negligence Is Necessary in Personal Injury Cases
The American Bar Association explains that most personal injury cases are centered around the principle of negligence. For your case to be successful, you will need to show that you have suffered losses. You will also have to prove that these are because of another party’s reckless or careless actions.
We Can Manage Your Wrongful Death Case
You might have lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence. During this challenging time, our legal team extends both our condolences and legal aid. We can:
- Identify the liable party
- Work to recover compensation for your loved one’s medical bills, lost income, and loss of protection
We understand that your grief can leave you feeling overwhelmed. Yet, you do not have to serve as your own legal advocate. A lawyer from our team can help you seek financial recovery for your various expenses. You can learn more about your options when you call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today.
What Parties Might Be Liable for My Losses?
Depending on the type of accident you suffered, you could be able to pursue damages from the following parties:
- A vehicle driver
- A vehicle driver’s employer
- A municipality
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer
- A vehicle repair worker
- A property owner or management company
- A dog owner
- A third-party contractor
- A nursing home worker and the facility’s administration
- A doctor, nurse, or healthcare administrative worker and the facility they work for
New York’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
If your legal team cannot reach a fair settlement offer from the liable insurance company, then you may need to go to court to get the money you need. However, you must file your case within the state’s appropriate statute of limitations.
For example, per CVP § 214(4), you typically have three years to file a car accident lawsuit. Yet, per EPT § 5-4.1, you usually have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Your Great Neck lawyer can explain what bearing the state’s statute of limitations has on your personal injury case.
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Helps Accident Victims Pursue Justice
When you team up with a lawyer, they can fight for your right to fair compensation from the liable party and the insurer.
We can help you seek financial recovery for the following damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Current and anticipated medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Childcare costs
- Property damage costs
- Physical disfigurement
Things You Should Know Before Starting Your Case with Us
Let us get to work for you. We offer legal aid on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you do not have to pay us anything up front to get our help. We only get paid our attorney’s fees if we win your case.
Our past clients left reviews about their experiences, including:
- “You may be assured that, should I ever require legal assistance in the future, I would not hesitate to engage your firm, nor would I hesitate to recommend you to anyone who would require legal services. In my mind you have managed to defy all the negative sentiment many hold regarding those in your profession.” – Mary
- “Mr. Jaffe is truly professional and highly knowledgeable. He was always accessible for any questions or concerns I had. He showed true compassion for what I was going through, I highly recommend Mr. Jaffe.” – Catherine
We Do All We Can to Secure a Fair Award for Your Family
Your case is unique in how you were injured and the losses the accident has caused. However, we have examples of past personal injury awards we have secured for our clients. This can give you an idea of the types of cases we can handle at our firm.
- $1,000,000: For a motorcycle accident victim that required surgery on their femur
- $1,500,000: For a woman that suffered a rear-end accident and needed lumbar fusion surgery
- $1,500,000: For a man that suffered arthroscopic and psychological injuries due to an elevator accident
We Are Ready to Hear About Your Accident
To learn more about how we can help you, call us now for a free case evaluation at (516) 358-6900. The Law Offices of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP are standing by.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Great Neck, call 516-358-6900