A truck driver, trucking company, or another party could cover your medical costs and other accident-related damages after a crash. You may pursue compensation from all liable parties.
A New Hyde Park truck accident attorney from the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP will lead your case, as you should only have to worry about recovering. We can investigate the accident, determine who’s responsible for your injuries, and fight for the financial recovery you are entitled to.
We Can Prove the Cause of Your Nassau County Truck Accident
Truck accidents occur throughout New Hyde Park, each one being different. We will determine the cause of your truck accident, which may be:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distraction
- Driver intoxication
- Dangerous driving actions by the truck driver
- Unsecured cargo
- Vehicular malfunction
- Dangerous road conditions
- Dangerous behavior by pedestrians or other parties
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) explains that drivers are responsible for 87% of truck accidents. However, we will identify the precise cause of your accident.
Who Pays When a Truck Driver Causes an Accident?
Both a truck driver and their employer may be liable when the driver causes an accident. If a truck driver caused your accident, then we may take action against both parties.
A truck driver is generally liable because they are negligent. A trucking company may have vicarious liability for their driver’s negligence. The company may also be negligent if:
- It hired a driver without the necessary knowledge or skill
- It failed to monitor a driver for drug or alcohol use
- It failed to maintain safe equipment
- It failed to punish drivers appropriately for driving errors, intoxication, or other indiscretions
We will identify any other parties liable for your collision. Government agencies, vehicle manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, vehicle sellers, and pedestrians may also be liable for a truck accident.
What is Your Truck Accident Case Worth?
We must gather all facts before valuing your truck accident case. Considerations may include:
- Your specific injuries
- The severity of your injuries
- Symptoms caused by your injuries
- Your earning power before the accident
- How you respond physically and psychologically to the accident
- Other specific factors
Our team considers present and future losses when valuing truck accident cases.
Why Hire Us After Your New Hyde Park Truck Accident?
Truck accident victims hire legal representation to defend their rights, organize their case, and negotiate. You may have other reasons to hire our firm, but these are three compelling ones. Our firm offers:
- More than 100 years of collective legal experience
- A proven record of winning for our clients
- The chance to work directly with our partners – Richard Jaffe and Stephen Cohen
We respond promptly to our clients’ inquiries and provide regular case updates. Our goal is to help you reclaim your life after a truck accident. We file your claim and/or lawsuit on your behalf, speak with witnesses, collect evidence, and more.
Let a truck accident attorney from our firm handle your case in New Hyde Park. You should prioritize your recovery and relationships at this time.
Client Testimonials Supporting the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP
Clients have unrivaled insight into a law firm’s effectiveness. Our former clients speak highly of our representation. We seek complete satisfaction from every client who we represent.
What Awards Can You Expect for a Truck Accident Case?
Every truck accident victim incurs different damages. The awards that we seek for you will depend on your specific losses.
Recoverable damages in your case may include:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of an ambulance, surgeries, and medication
- Rehabilitation costs
- Temporary transportation
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle repairs
- Repair or replacement of personal property aside from your vehicle
- Any other damages from your truck accident
- Losses caused by a wrongful death, such as funeral costs and loss of companionship
Our team will seek any available documentation of your losses. This may include medical bills, bills for vehicle repairs, proof of lost income, photographs of injuries and property damage, medical assessments, and other forms of documentation.
Our Lawyers Seek Evidence of Negligence
We want as much evidence as possible when we are negotiating your settlement. Evidence of liable parties’ fault is critical, and may include:
- Video footage of your accident
- Witness accounts of the liable party’s negligence
- Expert testimony
- Toxicology reports
- Police reports
- Reconstruction of your truck accident
Our team may hire investigators and experts for your case. We pay all case-related costs for you.
You Can Hire Our Firm at no Out-of-Pocket Cost
Our firm asks nothing of you financially when we accept your case. You will not have to pay us a dime to start your case. You will not pay us anything unless we win compensation for you, and our fees would come out of your settlement or court award.
We offer this contingency fee structure because:
- It prevents clients like you from worrying about the cost of legal help
- It allows clients of all financial brackets to access representation
- It ensures that we have a strong financial incentive to win your case
- It protects you from suffering further financial harm after your truck accident
We offer this No Fee Promise to you.
Call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Today
Do not wait to hire one of our truck accident attorneys after a truck accident. CVP § 214 generally allows you three years to file a personal injury case in New York. EPT § 5-4.1 typically allows you two years to file a wrongful death case.
Though there are exceptions to these statutes, you should operate as if these deadlines apply to your case in New Hyde Park. Our team is ready for your call. Contact the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP today at (516) 358-6900 for your FREE consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-358-6900The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and may not be applicable in your jurisdiction.