We are taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Click here to find out what our firm is doing.
Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP

Floral Park Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Were you or a loved one injured in a motor vehicle accident in Floral Park? You may be entitled to damages to compensate you for the financial, physical, and emotional toll the accident had on you and your loved ones. To learn more about what a Floral Park motor vehicle accident lawyer can do for you, call the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP at (516) 358-6900.

We are happy to evaluate your case at no charge or obligation to you.

The Consequences of Motor Vehicle Accidents

Every motor vehicle accident is different. In some cases, all parties are lucky enough to walk away with no (or minimal) injuries. But in others, the consequences can be catastrophic. Your car may have been damaged, or even totaled. You may have even suffered personal injuries like:

  • Lacerations
  • Fractures
  • Concussions or other head injuries
  • Brain damage
  • Psychological trauma

Some of these injuries will heal with time and proper treatment. Others may leave you with painful residual injuries—some of which may be incurable, derailing your entire life. In the worst-case scenario, you may have lost a loved one in the accident.

Driving a car, truck, motorcycle, or any other kind of motor vehicle is a big responsibility. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are many ways a driver can shirk that responsibility, from drunk or distracted driving to speeding.

If you or a loved one was injured because of a reckless driver, contact the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP at (516) 358-6900. We will fight on your behalf for fair compensation.

You Deserve Compensation for Your Motor Vehicle Accident-Related Losses

Your right to file a personal injury lawsuit only lasts for three years after the date of the accident, according to New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214. So if you want the chance to sue for compensation, you will need to make that decision and file your lawsuit within those three years. Here is a brief overview of what you can sue for.

Economic Damages

As the name suggests, economic damages are recompense for your accident-related financial losses. Some examples include:

  • Reduced earning capacity. Your injuries have permanently affected your ability to work and earn a living. You can estimate how much you would have earned over the course of your career (if the injury had not happened) and sue for that amount.
  • Medical costs. You had to go to the emergency room, get a prescription, have surgery, or get any other medical treatment. This may also include travel expenses incurred when you had to go to the hospital, pharmacy, or another medical facility.
  • Loss of employment. After an injury, your ultimate goal is to get back to work as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there are some injuries you simply cannot recover from. If you were fired or had to give up your job because of your injuries, you can seek compensation for that loss.

Non-Economic Damages

Sometimes, the worst effects of a motor vehicle accident are not monetary expenses. The physical and psychological damage can last longer and have a much deeper influence on your life. You can seek compensation for:

  • Reduction in quality of life. You can no longer perform activities that you used to take for granted. This may include something big, like a favorite sport, or the more mundane functions of living, like tying shoes or picking up your child.
  • Disability. This includes physical disabilities, like the loss of an arm, leg, eye, and so on. It may also include mental disabilities caused by accident-related brain damage.
  • Pain and suffering. Your injuries were physically (e.g., they caused you short-term or chronic pain) and/or emotionally (e.g., they caused or worsened your mental illness) distressing.

The Benefits of Hiring Legal Representation

The previous section is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to non-economic and economic damages. There are many more factors that may qualify you for compensation after an accident. However, identifying them all and calculating exact amounts for each is not always easy. A lawyer can review your case and figure out what you should ask for.

Hiring a Floral Park motor vehicle accident lawyer may seem like a big or drastic step. But, all you are doing is leveling the playing field. The liable party’s insurance company has dealt with many lawsuits like yours. The other party’s lawyer may refute your claims.

Here is what the Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP can do for you.

  • Identify all liable parties. In some cases, your accident may have been caused by only one party. In others, multiple parties may be responsible. A lawyer can investigate your accident and tell you for sure how many parties are liable.
  • File the lawsuit. We can notify the liable parties on your behalf.
  • Negotiate for a settlement. The fastest way to get compensation is by accepting a settlement from the liable party’s insurance company. We will submit evidence and argue for fair compensation.
  • Represent you at trial. Sometimes, the insurance company just will not settle. If that happens to you, your lawyer will take your case to court.

You do not have to let monetary concerns guide your decision to hire a lawyer. We make all of our clients the No Fee Promise. We will never charge you anything unless and until you get compensation. Your financial status should not—and will not—affect your ability to access the legal representation you deserve.

The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP understands that you are going through a difficult time. You do not have to fight for compensation alone. By allowing a Floral Park motor vehicle accident lawyer to handle your lawsuit, you give yourself the opportunity to focus on your recovery.

Call us at (516) 358-6900 to start with a free case evaluation.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Trusted & Respected